Adding attachments... If I can do it, anyone can!

All these steps are easy. My problem is picture size. I'm having fits downsizing so the Klipsch forum can post them. I'm running "Fine Pix Viewer" and can't seem to find the easy way to downsize the pics for posting.

Sometimes they go through. Sometimes not.

HarryO

Windows users have a built in tool in Paint.

Just call up your image. If it is a large picture it will more than fill the screen.

Then use stretch -- skew. Try setting both horizontal and vertical to 30%.

A good start is to get it down to half you screen size, depending on your resolution.

Then save as a .jpg.

Then follow the instructions described above.

Big files slow the download and can't be seen on many people's monitors. So don't do it.

Gil

post-2552-13819334059228_thumb.jpg

Nope, even after I click post, it comes up blank. What should I try next? Thanks for your help.

PS If anyone is willing to take the time to talk me through it on the phone, I'd be happy to make the call and do it on my dime. It would have to be betwen 6 and 8pm EST when I'm at my home computer.

Posted Image

If there is a picture above, I did it very simply by loading the pic to photobucket. It's free to use and all you do is upload your picture(s), then click the boxes you wish to post and the scroll to the bottom of the page. At the bottom on the right, there is a "Generate HTML nd IMG Code" button. Click it and it will take you to another page with options. They recommend Thumnails but you may just want to use the Regular IMG code and the copy it. Go to the forum and paste and you are ready to go.

A couple of things you want to do when setting it up is to make sure you set up the proper image size. I use the 15" size for most postings but you can change it for posting or downsizing pics for Avatars.

I am editing this post to mention that the picture above can be made larger by clicking on it and expanded again by scrolling the mouse over the loer right corner if you need it to be larger.

Hope that helps.

Barry

Posted Image

If there is a picture above, I did it very simply by loading the pic to photobucket. It's free to use and all you do is upload your picture(s), then click the boxes you wish to post and the scroll to the bottom of the page. At the bottom on the right, there is a "Generate HTML nd IMG Code" button. Click it and it will take you to another page with options. They recommend Thumnails but you may just want to use the Regular IMG code and the copy it. Go to the forum and paste and you are ready to go.

A couple of things you want to do when setting it up is to make sure you set up the proper image size. I use the 15" size for most postings but you can change it for posting or downsizing pics for Avatars.

I am editing this post to mention that the picture above can be made larger by clicking on it and expanded again by scrolling the mouse over the loer right corner if you need it to be larger.

Hope that helps.

Barry

Barry,

Is that old Linn sitting on a VPI box? How are you liking the VPI? I had an early Scout for a few months that never quite grabbed me. Sounded like my CD player.