EAR - please post some info on the subs that you are building.

tigerwoodKhorns

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I am finishing a dual TC Sounds TC-3000 15" sub,each driver in its 3.5cu ft compartment. Crown XTi 4000 for power,highpass 14Hz,lowpass 50Hz,parametric EQ boost @ 16Hz. 206lbs box plus 94lbs in drivers...

Hoping to finish tonight....pics will be up when finished.

Second will be a dual TC Sounds TC-5200 18" sealed,1.5cu ft per driver.Each in its own chamber.Cabinet here will be made of glued and clamped braces.Round inside,walls 2-3.5" thick! Box could top 240lbs and each driver is around 66lbs.Here I am looking for an amp more capable than the Crown XTi 4000,I will need at least 3-3.5KW bridged.

after I will decide...

First I am finishing a dual TC Sounds TC-3000 15" sub,each driver in its 3.5cu ft compartment. Crown XTi 4000 for power,highpass 14Hz,lowpass 50Hz,parametric EQ boost @ 16Hz. 206lbs box plus 94lbs in drivers...

Second will be a dual TC Sounds TC-5200 18" sealed,1.5cu ft per driver.Each in its own chamber.Cabinet here will be made of glued and clamped braces.Round inside,walls 2-3.5" thick! Box could top 240lbs and each driver is around 66lbs.Here I am looking for an amp more capable than the Crown XTi 4000,I will need at least 3-3.5KW bridged.

after I will decide...

I will look forward to the pictures. I like the idea of the smaller enclosure for the sealed 18" driver. Serious power requirement though!

after I will decide...

crown rmx 4050 hd, crown i tech, qsc plx 3, qsc plx 3602, two crown xti 4000, is the 5200 dual voice coil? I forget..... BTW when are you ever going to use the 3200 rms watts the xti4000 can supply? mono bridged.

after I will decide...

crown rmx 4050 hd, crown i tech, qsc plx 3, qsc plx 3602, two crown xti 4000, is the 5200 dual voice coil? I forget..... BTW when are you ever going to use the 3200 rms watts the xti4000 can supply? mono bridged.

I think you mean QSC PLX 4050. I had a demo at home on my B&W's. Pretty serious amps for woofers. Lots of power.

The TC-1000 15" is better suited for a ported,the TC-2000/3000 great candidate for a sealed.And the TC-5200 is for a small sealed. The more motor you have the better suited for a sealed it is.

IB drivers do not require big motors as the back pressure is minute in the almost open(to the driver) space. The best price performance compromise is the TC-2000 15" woofer,3.5cu ft sealed per driver.The TC-3000 works well in a similar box but has higher Xmax.

66 megs...not at all,much less...once you upload to YouTube it becomes a featherweight a fraction of its original size. Good show,I am ready to install the dual TC-3000 15" in my box...and will have pics!!! The painting takes 4 days to do right....