HT room firesale

Tom Adams

Haven't been on the forum much lately. Lots of things happening, the least of which is finally getting a divorce after being separated for over a year. Anyhow.....the short version is that I need to sell a good bit of the equipment from my HT room. So......

Panasonic AE900U projector - asking $1000

B&K Reference 50S2 - asking $1000

Parasound Halo 2x125 - asking $900

Parasound 5x125 - asking $1200

If anyone lives close enough, I can make a nice deal on some Lane HT recliners and even my Carada 102" 16:9 screen. As for my Klipsch Cornwalls and Heresys....FUGGITABOUTIT......don't even ask. I might be stupid, but I ain't crazy. Those speakers are in my will to be cremated with me. LMAO........

Tom

. As for my Klipsch Cornwalls and Heresys....FUGGITABOUTIT......don't even ask. I might be stupid, but I ain't crazy. Those speakers are in my will to be cremated with me. LMAO........

Tom

God Bless you Tom, we've been worried about ya- check in from time to time, mmmk?

Michael

Tangent time.......

Mike, Arky, Roger and others......thanks for the kind words of concern - I do sincerely appreciate it. And I do check in here from time-to-time, just don't post much. Like I said, lots of stuff happening in my life.

As for the actual divorce....it was clinical - i.e. she & I did a simple, $100, uncontested, four page document saying that what she has is hers, what I have is mine and that we'll divide up other things like photos, Christmas stuff, furniture as we see fit. We had already agreed to who gets what furniture and other stuff, so there's no problem. Once we were done signing the divorce papers, she asked if I was hungry and if so could we go out to eat and that she would pay for it. I said sure and the lawyer looked at us and said, "Are you sure you guys wanna get a divorce? I never see this." LOL.....Oh - and I got the dog, so I'm the winner. [:D] [Y]

But you know, so much time has passed since she moved out (a year and a half ago), that it wasn't any real "tragedy" getting divorced. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that she finally made up her mind and told me about it on my birthday. Some birthday present, eh?? Anyhow.....it's all good. In fact, I just met a very nice lady and life is very good right now.

As for the house, that's a very long and convoluted story, but the short version is that good decisions at the time (based on us living happily ever after) turned into bad short term decisons financially. So after some advice and counsel, she & I filled for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We still have to pay back some of the debt over the next five years, just not as much. Bottom line, the house goes, but I get to keep all the contents (including the audio gear) and I get to keep my truck and my motorcycle. So....I have a truck, a motorcycle, a dog and Klipsch speakers.....what else do I need?? [:D]

Tom

Sorry to hear about your divorce, Tom, especially the timing. It sounds like everything worked out ok (at least things did not turn ugly) and you are doing alright emotionally. It could have been worse and wound up like that old country song, "She got the goldmine, I got the shaft!"

Too bad I'm not closer-those Lane recliners look mighty fine!!!

-David