Klipschorn as a two-way

Deang

"Oh? Would you please expound on those differences? Is it a box thing, different cab vol, different exit pattern, different horn length, what? Always assumed that a Jub LF horn, was a Jub LF horn."

Hey Terry. LF sections are the same, I was referring to the top sections. Cinema version is a three-way, ours is two-way. The tweeter (K-69-A) from the cinema version is loaded into the big midrange horn (K-402), and then run down to 550Hz. Folks keep making reference to "Cinema", "behind the screen", "pro-version", etc -- but that's not what we're using.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KPT Jubilee 535

KPT-Jubilee® 535 Stage System

Features

Dual 12-inch loudspeaker system

Horn-loaded woofers

Two-inch exit titanium compression driver

Detailed Description

With auditorium space at a premium, the Jubilee low-frequency device, with its 24-inch depth, is the ultimate space-saving solution. Developed by audio pioneer Paul W. Klipsch in 2001, this dual 12-inch loudspeaker system couples the horn-loaded woofers with the KPT-402-MF mid-bass Tractrix Horn coupled to the Klipsch K-1133 two-inch exit titanium compression driver. The high frequencies are easily handled by the KPT-Grand-HF-T Tractrix Horn.

KPT-Jubilee® 535 Specifications

frequency response

45Hz-19kHz +/- 3dB-10dB @ 34Hz

sensitivity

105dB

crossover frequency

400 Hz, 3k Hz
24dB/Octave

coverage angle

Horizontal 90° +/-20° 200Hz-18kHz
Vertical 60° +/-20° 500Hz-19kHz

high frequency horn

KPT-Grand-HF-T

mid frequency horn

KPT-402-MF

woofer

KPT-KHJ-LF

dimensions

78.3" (199cm) H x 98.6" (250cm) W x 57.3" (146cm) D

weight

329 lbs (149 kg)

features

Delay:
LF: 0 ms
MF: 3.5 ms
HF: 4.6 ms

Tags: Professional

Thanks Craig,

To further clarify, what our residential users are purchasing (there is a special form for these sales) is a modification of this 535 system.

The one any only KPT-KHJ-LF (Jubliee) low frequency section, with the K69 driver (used on the Grand HF) behind the K402 mid horn.

Normally the K69 is used only with the K510 horn in our pro systems. THe K402 horn has the K1132 or K1133 driver attached normally.

KPT Jubilee 535

mid frequency horn

KPT-402-MF

woofer

KPT-KHJ-LF

dimensions

78.3" (199cm) H x 98.6" (250cm) W x 57.3" (146cm) D

weight

329 lbs (149 kg)

features

Delay:

LF: 0 ms

MF: 3.5 ms

HF: 4.6 ms

Tags: Professional

Bob Moers, former President of Klipsch and associates, told me back in 1976 (I was 22, one year before I got my Khorns) that the time dealay between the woofer and midrange in the Khorn was 2 Milliseconds, which, by all indications at the period in Klipsch history, was deemed insignificant for speech and music. Seems I has also read that below that figure of 2 ms., time delay was inaudible.

So the 3.5 Millisecond time delay cited above for the k402 on the Jubilee would then be audible?? Seems I read on other posts by Roy, that the preferred configuration was an ACTIVE network with the appropriate group delay compensation on the Jub, and NOT passive, like everyone here seems to be doing.

2ms would be the delay between the squawker and tweeter. It's 9ms to the bass bin (or was it 7? I forget). The significance of either isn't going to be fully realized until you move into an early-reflection-free zone. In a typical home setting, the room acoustics are generally going to have a much larger impact.

The other advantage to going active is that you have better control over the system EQ. Roy is doing a lot better filtering with the active filters because it is simply too expensive and obnoxious to do the same level of refinement with the passive - not to mention all sorts of other nonlinear effects to consider. The time alignment is just one of many advantages to going active.

Wrong spec sheet Craig. Why not pull up the one for what we're using. If you can't do that, then tell us which of those specifications can be applied to our set-up.

Show me a spec sheet on the Klipsch site for what your using.... in fact show me any readily available information on the klipsch main website about what your using. My point was in reference to the conversation about Jubilee being designed and marketed as a commercial pro stage speaker nothing more and nothing less.

Quick search of Jubilee the main Klipsch site brings up 3 pages all referring to it as a behind the screen stage speaker with a professional tag.

Craig