Belle Klipsch in Brazillian Rosewood Laquer....

I had new La Scalas back in the 80s and have always regretted selling them (moving to apartment). I also originally looked at Belles and liked their looks better but did not want to spend the extra grand just for style. I used the money to buy a Luxman receiver.I saw these Belles on ebay and thought I might bid on them. I have sent 3 emails requesting information over the last six days and I still have not received any reply. Has anyone actually received a reply to their questions or actually gone to look at these Belles? If the seller won't answer questions now what happens after they are paid?

There are also a pair of used (80s era) 1 owner La Scalas close by that I have not seen but the seller says they are in excellent condition at $900. I am beginnig to think that a La Scala in hand is worth more than a Belle in Chicago. I may go look at the La Scalas tonight (2 hour drive). Any quick suggestions on what to look for or to look out for??

I had new La Scalas back in the 80s and have always regretted selling them (moving to apartment). I also originally looked at Belles and liked their looks better but did not want to spend the extra grand just for style. I used the money to buy a Luxman receiver.I saw these Belles on ebay and thought I might bid on them.  I have sent 3 emails requesting information over the last six days and I still have not received any reply. Has anyone actually received a reply to their questions or actually gone to look at these Belles? If the seller won't answer questions now what happens after they are paid?

There are also a pair of used (80s era) 1 owner La Scalas close by that I have not seen but the seller says they are in excellent condition at $900. I am beginnig to think that a La Scala in hand is worth more than a Belle in Chicago. I may go look at the La Scalas tonight (2 hour drive). Any quick suggestions on what to look for or to look out for??       

I would make sure there is no water damage and that they sound ok. Also make sure they have klipsch parts. I once looked at a pair of La Scalas that had no klipsch markings or parts anywhere on them needless to say I walked away.

He finally sent me an email saying he had computer access problems and would check with the owners and get back to me. But I still don't have the answer to my question.

I think ebay was started in California.All of the ebay listings I have seen use the PST as end time for the auctions.

He finally sent me an email saying he had computer access problems and would check with the owners and get back to me. But I still don't have the answer to my question.

I think ebay was started in California.All of the ebay listings I have seen use the PST as end time for the auctions.

In order to be fair wouldn't have to be Pacific time ? Imagine that, E-spay fair.....................HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"All the ebay auctions I am watching end @ PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)."

thats what I see from the east coast.

when I list itmes...I have to factor what end time will be reasonable across all time zones....don't want listings to end during the commuting hours for example. 11pm PST seems to work.

"All the ebay auctions I am watching end @ PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)."

thats what I see from the east coast.

when I list itmes...I have to factor what end time will be reasonable across all time zones....don't want listings to end during the commuting hours for example. 11pm PST seems to work.

The problem with 11 PM PST though, is that it's 2 AM EST, a lot of your bidders have already gone to bed.

Sorry I caused confusion over PDT & PST. All of the ebay auctions I am watching now also end in PDT. But in the winter of course they end in PST. I should have simply said Pacific Time. This would have been better than PST. I do wish you could somehow easily adjust your computer/monitor to actually show your local ending time. Why not 7:27:12 PM EDT automatically displaying for easterners. Instead of the confusing (unless you live out west and are in the military) 16:27:12 PDT.

"The problem with 11 PM PST though, is that it's 2 AM EST, a lot of your bidders have already gone to bed. "

yeah...I meant 11pm est...that puts west coast folks home after communting hours.

OK, now I'm with you. Yeah, I do the same, and always post on weekdays, when most people are in for the night. I don't know how many good deals I've missed because the auction ended either during the workday or in the early hours of the morning. Of course, if it ended at a convenient time, it wouldn't end up going for such a low price.

oh yipes. rosewood belles right by me? WTH? Where did these come from? Gosh - if I were in normal non burned out mode, I'd probably go grab these just to see if anyone wants them later. I'm in San Diego right now. I bet they're not bad looking. I say it's the camera. I'll be kicking myself tomorrow.,