KLF-30 or RF-7

Moit

First time Klipsch forum user.

I am in the market to upgrade my kg4's (8 years old). I am looking at the KLF-30 vs the RF-7. I have listen to both seperately, both sounded GREAT! I do not have the opportunity to compare them side by side. I am more of an Audiofile than a movie-buff, but they will be used in both manners. I am leaning towards the KLF-30's, for no real reason.

Just an update - I have purchased the RF-7's, I pick them up on the 24th. Thanks for all of helpful responses.

This message has been edited by Moit on 12-23-2001 at 01:29 PM

I have listen to both and the klf-30's are NO push over they rock, but I would vote rf-7's. The rf-7'f are klipsch's current top end speaker, with new technology on woofers,tweeters, etc.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

The KLF's will sound more like your KG's. I actually prefer the KLF 20's to the 30's. Am I nuts or what? The RF-7's are also great speakers. I would agree that they may be more musical than the KLF's.

------------------

My System So Far:

Fronts: KLF 10 (Med. Oak)

Center: KLF C7 (Med. Oak)

Surrounds: Def. Tech BP6

Sub: SW-12II (Black Ash)

Receiver: H/K AVR 25II

DVD: Panasonic DVDR31S

CD: Yamaha CDC 655

KLF-20's are more neutrally balanced than KLF-30's. Neither is as neutral or accurate as the RF-7. If slam is more important than any other characteristic, then the KLF-30 may be the speaker for you.

BobG,

Slam,did you say slam?

The RF-7's have a truckload of slam if the amp is right.Nothing to be ashamed even if you pit the RF-7's against the KLF30's.

And the RF-7's are more musical then the KLF series,no doubt.Better tweeter,getter mid-bass drivers.Better built cabinet.RF-7 all the way.

Even for movies the RF-7's have the type of majesty and power few posess.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

well i ended up with 4 klf20's i listened to klf10-20and 30's side by side to me the 20's sounded the best,my dealer has the new rf7's in stock now i finally was able to listened to the 7's ,they sound well i would say they are on the bright side ,they are great speakers but if you find some klf30 still around you can get a killer deal on them versus the rf7's just my .02cents mark