Heresey II vs Chorus I

dkalsi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You take my statement totally out of context.................No where did I knock anyone...No where...That statement was about me, and again people just pick out the parts they want to comment on............

Wasn't picking on ya OB. [;)]

We don't all hear and process sound the same way. Very simple concept.

That doesn't change the real behavior of any speaker (like the cornwall's exagerated bass). If you "hear and process" live sound the same way as you do at home, then you're going to want the more accurate speaker...

"then you're going to want the more accurate speaker..."

Really? And is that 'more accurate' speaker going to sound equally accurate to everyone? It doesn't matter if a working definition for accurate music reproduction is established. The fact that we don't all perceive or interpret vibrations of air the same way remains unchanged. Speaker behavior couldn't be further from what matters here.

Your 'accurate speaker' might be trash to someone else. It's no more complex than that.

Erik

"then you're going to want the more accurate speaker..."

Really? And is that 'more accurate' speaker going to sound equally accurate to everyone? It doesn't matter if a working definition for accurate music reproduction is established. The fact that we don't all perceive or interpret vibrations of air the same way remains unchanged. Speaker behavior couldn't be further from what matters here.

Your 'accurate speaker' might be trash to someone else. It's no more complex than that.

Erik

If you hear a live sound, percieve it, and then here a speaker, and percieve it, then your entire process of perception gets cancelled out in the comparison. Think about it: (Live sound + my perception) - (Speaker sound + my perception) = Live - Speaker. It's really not all that complex of a concept.

I prefer not to live in your magical world where everything can be considered good.

It is simple...you can't tell someone what they hear....

Yes you can.

You just can't tell someone what they prefer.

I hear what I hear, but sometimes I prefer to hear, what I prefer to hear. Make sense? Makes sense to me, or, do I hear it make sense, or, just prefer it to make sense? I'm confused now.

Tom

(there how about that to boost post count- geesh Doc!)

Bah, I edited my post to tone things down a bit and that's all that was left...

Besides, didn't you say that you need 12k to get hired? [;)]

Probably not helpin' your chances to get hired if you're sayin' ya don't like horns. . . .[;)]

You LOVE horns!! [:D][Y]

"If you hear a live sound, percieve it, and then here a speaker, and percieve it, then your entire process of perception gets cancelled out in the comparison. Think about it::

I don't need to think about it, and nothing is cancelled out. Curious you're having trouble with this, conceptually. Here's the point again: Whether live or reproduced (very often live is in fact second generation), people will respond to what is heard differently. I don't always choose equipment based on what I've heard live."

"I prefer not to live in your magical world where everything can be considered good."

You are resorting to name-calling. Back your ideas and opinions up with an effort torward good, constructive argument, and what you say can be given greater merit.

Erik