like this guy needs more klipsch

iwillwalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he's using a 'stock photo.' It shows which speakers he's looking for. If I ever posted a wanted to buy ad I'd just post a pic of Colter's setup. I'm sure there'd be one of what I'm looking for in there somewhere. [:)]

the below listing pops up on graiglist quite a bit...there is also a website...I am sure he's hooked a few

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

I would like to purchase another pair of Klipsch floor standing stereo loudspeakers for my home sound system. 

Depending on model and condition, I am willing to pay up to the following for one pair of: 

Klipschorn (sometimes referred to as K-horn, Corner-Horn, Khorn, Corner Horn, K Horn, Cornerhorn, Klipsch Horn, or Corner Speakers) - $1000 

Belle Klipsch - $500 

Chorus II, Cornwall, Cornwall II, KP-600, La Scala, LSI, or RF-7 - $300 

Chorus, Heresy, KP-301, KP-301 II, or TSCM - $250 

CP-1, Forte II, KI-362, KP-362, or KP-450 - $200 

Forte, HD, Heresy II, H, HI, HIP, HISM, HSM, KP-201, KP-250, KPT-250, or KSP-400 - $150 

CF-4, HP-1, KLF-30, KSM, KSP-300, Quartet, RP-5, RS-7, T-4000, T-5000, Tangent 400, or Tangent 500 - $100 

I might also consider a pair of the following Klipsch cinema speaker models; KPT-335-N, KPT-435-N, KPT-535-4-T, KPT-535-T, KPT-904, or KPT-Jubilee 535 

My first preference is another pair of the Klipschorn or other model that came with 15-inch woofers (especially models with the furniture grade cabinetry in Ash, Cherry, Ebony, Maple, Mahogany, Rosewood, Teak, or Zebrawood with serial numbers containing the letter U, W, or X (manufactured 1980-1982). 

================================================================ 

I can also use a single one of the above Klipsch speaker models for a CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER, or one of the following Klipsch models: 

Academy, KLF-C7, KV-4, or RC-7 - $150 

and one of the following SUBWOOFER models: 

RSW-15 - $500 

KW-120-THX / KA-1000-THX, or LF-12 - $300 

KT-SW, RSW-12, SW-15, or SW-15 SERIES II - $150 

KSW-15, KSW-300, LF-10, RSW-10, RW-12, SW-12, SW-12 SERIES II, or other Klipsch 12-inch or larger powered subwoofer - $100 

I might also consider one of the following passive (non-powered) Klipsch subwoofers; KI-115, KI-215, KP-115, KP-480, KP-682, KP-4000, KPT-418, KPT-484, KPT-684, or KPT-884 

I also need the following Klipsch parts to replace bad or incorrect parts in my home sound system and for spare parts: 

Tweeters: K-77 (see note below), K-77-M (need 3), K-79-K (need 1) 

Midrange Drivers: K-51 or K-55 (see note below) 

Woofers: K-22-E (need 1), K-33 (see note below), K-48-K (need 4) 

Passive radiator: KD-17 (used in the KP-480) (need 1) 

I can also use some spare K-77 tweeters, K-51-V, K-55-G, K-55-V or K-55-M midrange drivers, K-33-E Woofers, and Klipsch Type AA balancing crossover networks. 

These are for my own personal use in my home http://www.SS427.com/stereo . I am NOT a dealer, collector, or audiophile and these will NOT be for resale. I am just looking to, as Steven Tyler puts it, Rock It Properly 

Thank you. 

Sincerely, 

Steve Shreffler 

902 East Vine Street, Box 42 

Monticello, Illinois 61856 

Telephone: 217-762-9670 

For more information, please visit http://www.SS427.com/klipsch 

"the below listing pops up on graiglist quite a bit...there is also a website...I am sure he's hooked a few"

I think He's a forum member. When I offered a K-55V driver to a fellow forum member that needed one this guy tried to buy it out from under him.

He also lowball offers on ebay all the time. Too cheap for me. I will NOT sell anything to him. I do not like the way he does things. If he is a member he should use some etiquette and have consideration for others. Greedy, selfish, and cheap are the exact words I will use for him. He's contacted me a few times this year. NO SALE PAL.

Harry

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm ok with disclosure. The "hidden" or behind the scenes actions are what I had a problem with. I'm stickin' to my guns Old Buddy.

(edit) I don't mess around with married women, kick another man's dog, and I won't backstab a friend.

I consider forum members friends.

Harry

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm ok with disclosure. The "hidden" or behind the scenes actions are what I had a problem with. I'm stickin' to my guns Old Buddy.

(edit) I don't mess around with married women, kick another man's dog, and I won't backstab a friend.

I consider forum members friends.

Harry

[:|][:o]

What!?!

Integrity... Character...

They will get you nowhere, fast!

[;)][:P]

I kinda live by the Unofficial "John Waynes' Rules to live by" theory.

I guess I'm going nowhere fast then. I'm happy where I'm at. I can look at the "old whiteheaded fart" in the mirror and not be ashamed of who I am.

I'm not looking over my shoulder in fear, and still believe everything you do in this life comes back to you. I believe what you do in life is "Tallied up at the end of the trail". I've got enough crap to try to explain at them "Pearly Gates" without adding in a bunch more stuff.

We may live in an impersonal world through our IPs but you still have to have a personal "Honor Code" to live by. If not, then what kind of person are you?

My mama tried to raise me right. She did ok in my book.

Harry

Harry, chill Dude.........Capo got those Cornwalls for $25.00, if those folks had seen Steve's add they would have gotten $300.00...He's doing nothing wrong......All they wanted was the speakers gone.......Go to his website.....He's a smart guy, and has done well for himself......He is doing nothing wrong.........More power to him, now calm down you old fart, not good for your blood pressure.............

I delivered a pair of Chorus IIs to Steve, and spent a couple of hours talking with him and trying to get back on the road. He is quite the character. It was an interesting time to say the least. He had a boatload of K55 drivers and stuff stacked almost to the ceiling.

Bruce

Harry, chill Dude.........Capo got those Cornwalls for $25.00, if those folks had seen Steve's add they would have gotten $300.00...He's doing nothing wrong......All they wanted was the speakers gone.......Go to his website.....He's a smart guy, and has done well for himself......He is doing nothing wrong.........More power to him, now calm down you old fart, not good for your blood pressure.............

Every once in a while your lips get you in trouble, Oldbuck. This is one of those times......

Treat your fellow forum members with respect that they give you.

Thank you very much.

ARF

I have a problem with this:

"I would like to purchase another pair of Klipsch floor standing stereo loudspeakers for my home sound system."

flannj, What is wrong with that statement ? Not looking to argue, just wondering what is wrong with it? Colterphoto buys, and has many, many speakers, and no one says a word about him, or other forum regulars that have many speakers......Yet, people get excited about Steve's speaker count, I don't understand why he's singled out............Me, I buy only what I use......

Every once in a while your lips get you in trouble, Oldbuck. This is one of those times......

Treat your fellow forum members with respect that they give you.

Thank you very much.

ARF

And what is that all about ?.........................If Harry has a problem with me, he will speak for himself, and I don't think he does.......He's got my phone number......your reading way too much into that post........Talk to Harry......

Morning Boys,

I think Arf May be commenting and/or acting about the circumstances from less than a month ago. The fellow I made the comments about pulled some more stuff with me. It is not the first time. I just happened to tell Arf about it less than 15 minutes after it happened. Hey, maybe the guy is a good guy to most. Maybe he just thinks I'm at the bottom of the food chain. I don't know. SS hasn't dealt with me in a proper manner. I ended up putting him on my blocked bidders list on Ebay. I'm commenting ONLY about his dealings with me. My experiences with the guy.

I'm pretty sure this is what is being referred to by Arf. My thanks for my friends both standing up for me and telling me I may be out of line.

I respect my friends and trust what they have to say.

Let's go fishing or something. I'll buy the beer

Harry

Harry, I don't know for sure, and I could be wrong, but I don't think he realizes that we have spoken on the phone, and have been e-mailing back and forth............As far as Steve goes, I was just explaining what he does, what goes on between him and you, that's between you two, I think me calling you an old fart might have had something to do with it, and arf was jumping to your defense, not knowing we have communicated, and I just couldn't keep my lips shut............and you know, I WON'T......Semper Fi................EH !!!!!!!!!!!