Heritage

Have you looked at the Lascala II? They look pretty sweet if you ask me. I believe Klipsch was playing around with putting a grill on it too, which in my mind means you might be able to special order a grill to make it look like a Belle.

Or were you looking for the different footprint?

How else is Klipsch gonna stay in business and continue making these products? (like I should even talk considering all but one speaker I got used...)

Besides...the new Klipsch stuff sounds better anyway. I forget the source, but I heard the Shinall products aren't true knock-offs, so nowhere near the quality of a Klipsch product.

How else is Klipsch gonna stay in business and continue making these products? (like I should even talk considering all but one speaker I got used...)

Besides...the new Klipsch stuff sounds better anyway. I forget the source, but I heard the Shinall products aren't true knock-offs, so nowhere near the quality of a Klipsch product.

I have been to his shop and seen and heard his stuff. For the money you can not beat it. The problem is shipping. As the cabnet goes it is a better built then what Klipsch could do. He also hand builds his horns and crossovers. He hands builds each speaker one at a time.

Yes it is the footprint... the belles are not as deep.

I have heard from others his cabinet work is great and you can order them with out drivers.

Reading in the forums people have replaced crossovers, diaphrams, horns (Al,s) to improve the sound. There is not much lft other than the label.

I have heard from others his cabinet work is great and you can order them with out drivers.

Reading in  the forums people have replaced crossovers, diaphrams, horns (Al,s) to improve the sound. There is not much lft other than the label.

I agree barely Klipsch anymore.

The klipsch heritage line is very easily recognizable. Shinall is a blatant knockoff. Is it legal..sure...barely. Did he pay for the R&D that went into those speakers? Did he have a brilliant idea for a horn loaded speaker? Did he come up with a unique look and design? NO NO and uh NO.. Do the prices undercut what klipsch charges?....Yes. *edit by seti for offensive laguage*. If he is so good why doesn't he design his own line of speakers instead of stealing designs and hard work from the good people in Hope, Ar. I wouldn't own one.

Pispeakers.com is a good example of someone who likes corner horns but designed a corner horn product that looks nothing like klipsch and has many other unique speakers available as well. 

Reading in the forums people have replaced crossovers, diaphrams, horns (Al,s) to improve the sound. There is not much lft other than the label.

The klipsch heritage line is very easily recognizable. Shinall is a blatant knockoff. Is it legal..sure...barely. Did he pay for the R&D that went into those speakers? Did he have a brilliant idea for a horn loaded speaker? Did he come up with a unique look and design? NO NO and uh NO.. Do the prices undercut what klipsch charges?....Yes. *edit by seti for offensive laguage*. If he is so good why doesn't he design his own line of speakers instead of stealing designs and hard work from the good people in Hope, Ar. I wouldn't own one.

Pispeakers.com is a good example of someone who likes corner horns but designed a corner horn product that looks nothing like klipsch and has many other unique speakers available as well.

Man you sure don't know what you are talking about? Did you know that Mr Shinall was a lone time friend of Paul Klipsch. Maybe you should come see and talk to Mr Shinall befor you start saying stuff you know nothing about?

The klipsch heritage line is very easily recognizable. Shinall is a blatant knockoff. Is it legal..sure...barely. Did he pay for the R&D that went into those speakers? Did he have a brilliant idea for a horn loaded speaker? Did he come up with a unique look and design? NO NO and uh NO.. Do the prices undercut what klipsch charges?....Yes. *edit by seti for offensive laguage*. If he is so good why doesn't he design his own line of speakers instead of stealing designs and hard work from the good people in Hope, Ar. I wouldn't own one.

Man you sure don't know what you are talking about? Did you know that Mr Shinall was a lone time friend of Paul Klipsch. Maybe you should come see and talk to Mr Shinall befor you start saying stuff you know nothing about?

I must admit to knowing almost nothing about Shinall except for the speakers I have seen. I find it hard to believe that a friend of PWK would undercut a friends business. There is a big price difference and they look too similar. If the heritage line had been abandoned by Klipsch he could be considered a hero but they haven't so it doesn't seem ok with me.

If I got it wrong please fill me in on the facts. Please share what info you have as there isn't much on the site.

I must admit to knowing almost nothing about Shinall except for the speakers I have seen. I find it hard to believe that a friend of PWK would undercut a friends business. There is a big price difference and they look too similar.

If I got it wrong please fill me in on the facts.

The way it works out is that Klipsch has to ship and handle. Shinall price is if you come and pick them up from his shop in Spring Texas. Now if you ask him to ship them, now it would be right up there with Klipsch. He is retired and builds them for love of wood work and speaker building. He is not trying to compete with Klipsch at all. Mr Shinall told me he was there when Mr Klipsch was drawing the Klipschorn out of 1/2" plywood. Then Mr Shinall he wanted to build it stronger so he made his out of 3/4" plywood and hands makes his horns and crossovers. You realy should call him sometime he is a very smart man.

I must admit to knowing almost nothing about Shinall except for the speakers I have seen. I find it hard to believe that a friend of PWK would undercut a friends business. There is a big price difference and they look too similar.

The way it works out is that Klipsch has to ship and handle. Shinall price is if you come and pick them up from his shop in Spring Texas. Now if you ask him to ship them, now it would be right up there with Klipsch. He is retired and builds them for love of wood work and speaker building. He is not trying to compete with Klipsch at all. Mr Shinall told me he was there when Mr Klipsch was drawing the Klipschorn out of 1/2" plywood. Then Mr Shinall he wanted to build it stronger so he made his out of 3/4" plywood and hands makes his horns and crossovers. You realy should call him sometime he is a very smart man.

I don't question his speaker building or intelligence as the speakers look great they just look like exactly like klipsch. If I ordered a pair of Khorns from Hope, AR the price would be $7500 a pair and if I bought from Shinall it would be $3500 add $600 for shipping. That is a big difference. I am curious how he is able to sell these? An agreement with PWK or Klipsch?

I don't question his speaker building or intelligence as the speakers look great they just look like exactly like klipsch. If I ordered a pair of Khorns from Hope, AR the price would be $7500 a pair and if I bought from Shinall it would be $3500 add $600 for shipping. That is a big difference. I am curious how he is able to sell these? An agreement with PWK or Klipsch?

OK Lets see if we can break it down. Klipsch- Lot of over head, Middle man, Shipping, Handleing. Shinall- One man doing a what he loves, Over head? He has none, Middle man? Has none, Shop? Payed for, Tools? Payed for, Big profit? NO! What he builds are not called Klipschorn or LS and the specs are not the same.

I think what people have an issue with is the fact that the Shinall speakers look so much like the Klipsch line. You might thinks it's trivial, being that the speakers are different underneath, but others may not. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

If it was me, I'd try to change the appearance a bit, just to separate myself from the Klipsch line. I think some may assume that's precisely why Mr. Shinall's speakers look like Klipsch, to get the business of those who think it's less expensive Klipsch copy. I'm not saying that's so, but unfortunately perception counts for a lot. I can understand why some are upset, especially considering this is a Klipsch forum.

I tried buying a current pair of Belles and could only find Shinall BFS-2.

Sorry I stirred up all this trouble. If Klipsch still made the Belle I would buy a pair.

No trouble at all just honest disagreements and I've learned abit about shinall. A day you learn something new is a good day.

I was bummed when they discontinued the Belle as it was one of my faves and certainly the best looking imo. The revamped La Scala is beautiful but no Belle. I think Trey posted on here not long ago that someone in Arkansas had a pair new in box for sale. I'd rather have a used Klipsch than a knockoff.