Dropping in to say hello!

Urizen

Just wanted to introduce myself to the members here. I've purchased a set of '88 La Scalas, which I won't receive until October. I have already found out some great info about upgrading the AL crossovers from this board.

Posted Image

Regards,

Urizen

That's a long wait.

Thanks for the welcome, Larry. These are being hand delivered from the East Coast, and will be listened to by a few friends before I get them.

These will teach me a bit of patience. I sure hope they are worth it! I will be driving them with an Almarro A205A MkIII 5 wpc SEP amp.

Regards,

Ken

I love La Scalas. When barrynsue posted those, I had to go slam my
hand in the car door to distract myself. Someday, some La Scala DRBs
will be mine!

Your tube set will be a great compliment to them.

BTW: The Admin here is a REAL mother!

welcome neighbor. please post your comments once you get them. if you really dig the sound, you might not have to do anything to them at all. you are definitely in the right place if you do. how bout your top 5 bbq places in order from your city. how long have you lived there?

Thanks for the welcome. I've lived here for 14 years, and it's hard to name the top five BBQ places, but here goes:

Best sandwiches - Top's BBQ, Summer Ave., the BBQ Shop, Cozy Corner

Best ribs - Rendevous (dry), Neely's (wet)

Overall - my backyard

I'll listen to 'em for a month or so before I do anything to them. I'll be sure to post my listening impressions, once I receive them, also. I have always wanted a set, since hearing them many years ago at a friends home.

Nice systems, btw.