'87 Cornwall II OO $600 obo Raleigh Craigslist

We traded terse emails today. He told me someone walked into his store with $600 and that if I hadn't "nickel and dimed him thay would be mine. ??

He asked for offers and I made one. He could have countered but said no and that he was putting them on eBay and couldn't end the auction. Then he ended the auction and sold them. I called him a fraud.

I'm happy someone got a great deal. I'm pi**ed he was basically dishonest with me.

That's the really irritating thing about eBay--lots of people think they will get some big payout for whatever they put on there. Your seller wasted his time and money for the eBay ad--as a result he got less than he would have if he had sold the Cornwalls to you a few days earlier.

A few months ago, I called a local guy about a nice Top Hat guitar amp that he was selling on Craig's List. About the time I was supposed to try it out he decides to put it on eBay instead. He tells me (just like your guy) "Well--if you really want it go ahead and bid on it." I decide not to bid, and the amp goes for less than the seller was asking on Craig's List. I was happy I didn't bid, because even though I could have possibly got it for less money, it was more satisfying that the seller got less out of it by being a jerk.

I agree with you HVN... $600 was a great price. But - he asked for "obo." So I made an offer. He said that someone already offered more, BUT, that they had never come in to get them. So I offered what they offered ($550) and offered to pay for them then and there. Is that nickel and diming?

It was he that said he had put them on ebay and couldn't sell them anymore, and that I should bid on them.... He didn't say, "I've got to have the $600." Just , nope, go bid on them. And then he sold them out from under two bidders (i never put in a bid). THAT'S what got me mad.

Honest Guy? I don't think so.

Then it should have stated $600. firm, not or best offer............Sure, without seeing them, mind you, $600. is a good deal, no doubt, but, to me , $550. in hand is better than waiting for $600.............or..............maybe you should have called, DIBS !!!!!!!! E-spay slime..............

I agree with you HVN... $600 was a great price. But - he asked for "obo." So I made an offer. He said that someone already offered more, BUT, that they had never come in to get them. So I offered what they offered ($550) and offered to pay for them then and there. Is that nickel and diming?

It was he that said he had put them on ebay and couldn't sell them anymore, and that I should bid on them.... He didn't say, "I've got to have the $600." Just , nope, go bid on them. And then he sold them out from under two bidders (i never put in a bid). THAT'S what got me mad.

I was taught that it was all about a nickle or a dime off the dollar, therefore trying to get 5 to 10% off every dollar is Nickle and Diming.

You went for $50 of the $600 tag. Fits right in there.

But that's just to directly answer your question. I really don't think it matters whether you were K&Ding him or not.

The bottom line is, you got NOTHING out of the deal.

You ripped your self off by trying to save a few bucks on what was already a very attractively priced set of Cornwalls.

I could see it if the item you want was overpriced, but $600 Cornwall !!s looking like that, and right in your neighbor hood?

I would be kicking my self rather than pointing the finger at someone else for my error in judgment.

It will be a total waste UNLESS you can take a lesson from it.

It's a great lesson, it will serve you well over a lifetime.

Good luck and stay well ~Noah

I was taught that it was all about a nickle or a dime off the dollar, therefore trying to get 5 to 10% off every dollar is Nickle and Diming.

You went for $50 of the $600 tag. Fits right in there.

But that's just to directly answer your question. I really don't think it matters whether you were K&Ding him or not.

The bottom line is, you got NOTHING out of the deal.

You ripped your self off by trying to save a few bucks on what was already a very attractively priced set of Cornwalls.

I could see it if the item you want was overpriced, but $600 Cornwall !!s looking like that, and right in your neighbor hood?

I would be kicking my self rather than pointing the finger at someone else for my error in judgment.

It will be a total waste UNLESS you can take a lesson from it.

It's a great lesson, it will serve you well over a lifetime.

Good luck and stay well ~Noah

This is an audio site, please try to be less condescending, dad.