TRANSFORMERS

kelA

The first theater was a Regal theater, and had Klipsch installed but did not sound near as good as the second theater I saw it in. Sorry to say, the Regal was very compressed, I think they turned down the LFE for this movie because I have never noticed this with other movies viewed at this theater. The second viewing at a different theater had hmm hmm JBL's. This was a newer theater with DD EX, and it just kicked you in the chest, very impressive. It has to have the deepest bass I have ever heard in a movie.

JBL better than Klipsch?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's almost unforgiveable! There just had to be something wrong with the Regal setup or they under spec'd the system.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is coming from a guy who is NOT part of the whole "transformer generation". I had absolutely no transformer toys as a kid...LOL
(after my time)

Anyway,
I'll have to admit.... I absolutely loved this movie. The plot was
action packed/ fast paced, and it held my interest from the beginning,
through the middle....to the final climax. The visuals and effects were
eye candy from beginning to end..... and that sound!!!! WOW..... what
an amazing soundtrack!! I listened to the entire movie at reference levels.......WOW.......utterly amazing sound!! This is one of those movies that hits you hard well below 20hz from beginning to end ;D

I
loved that yellow camaro!! Loved the car chase scenes, the fight
scenes, the hot babe....you name it. The transformers voices were so
deep.....you could feel them deep inside your loins every time they
spoke 8-)

In typical "Michael Bay" fashion....this movie was waaay over the top in every sense of the word.

Loved it....... 5 stars.

The plot was crap the character development was slow. The only way I could watch the special effects was to slow it down frame by frame. That super clean polished and fast motion special effects were annoying. It is like they thought hey if we can get everything moving really fast maybe they can't pay much attention to detail. Sorry to rant but seeing more and more special effects go this route is so frusterating. I first noticed it in horror movies the last couple years. I wish the special effects could have been as good as the sound effects which were unreal. This movie just might be able to wear out a sub.

So, during a test session, I hit over 122 dB during when one of the transformers hops over the girl. Deepest and loudest bass I've ever heard. YIKES!

WOW Damm that is insane! Do you know how low it went?

Unfortunately I don't have a tool to messure how low it went. However, I don't even have a subwoofer either so the RF-7s were doing all the work.