Denon AVR4802 THX For Sale in Indy..... (Somebody must buy)

Agent Eagle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am impressed that you don't see Denon AVR 4802Rs too often in the used market. As expressed on page 1--I was willing to pay $800 to get mine repaired verses paying over $3,000 to purchase the AVR 4806. Even at the end of last year I couldn't find one on ebay or audiogon. {edit: There are 2 now on e-bay}

Well... did this ever sell?

Some info..

The AVR-4802R is the enhanced version of the AVR-4802, featuring THX Ultra2 certification and processing, as well as the full suite of technologies from DTS-ES, including the latest high-quality DTS 96/24 5.1 decoding for DVD-Video. Adding to its decoding flexibility, the AVR-4802R lets you enjoy 96/24 PCM, and Dolby Digital 2-channel sources in Dolby Pro Logic II mode or DTS NEO:6 mode.

Now, you can truly surround yourself with multichannel sound in the mode you like best. The AVR-4802R owes much of its chassis design to its more technologically advanced, critically acclaimed sibling, the AVR-5803. This high-end approach virtually eliminates the mutual interference from the various circuits to ensure that you experience all the delicate nuances of pure audio sound, as well as the clearest and most dynamic realism that is Denon home theater entertainment.

Specs

THX Ultra2 Certified

THX Surround EX; DTS Extended Surround Discrete 6.1; DTS ES Matrix 6.1; DTS Neo:6 Cinema & Neo:6 Music Matrix Decoding; Dolby Digital EX; Dolby Pro Logic II Cinema and Music Modes

Ultra2 7.1 Cinema and Music modes

Lucasfilm Home THX Cinema 4.0, 5.1 and 6.1ES post-processing

9 August - We reached an agreement via email to sell/buy the receiver for $450 including shipping.

10 August - After I determined that the name I was to send the payment to had multiple address that were all different than the address I was to send the money order to, and that the land line telephone number for the payment person was registered a different name, I agreed to proceed with sending out the USPS money order via Priority Mail the next morning after the person claimed to be a law enforcement officer. I assumed honor, integrity, character, trust ...

11 August - I sent an email confirmation in the morning that I sent the money order via Priority Mail

16 August - I sent an email requesting confirmation that the money order had been received.

- See the posting in Klipsch forum with "My Email from Christopher...."

17 August - I sent another email requesting confirmation that the money order had been received.

- I received a reply confirming that the envelope had been received, but that it would be returned, unopened, "due to unforeseen circumstances".

After paying the fee for the money order, the Priority Mail postage, and the $450 I wait - hoping my money order will be returned. Promptly - using the same Priority Mail service that I used? With a payment to cover my costs? With an apology for the wasted time, effort, stress ...? I have never tried to return a money order that's been made payable to another person to the Post Office, and have no idea how long that takes and if there are fees.

I will refrain from commenting on or expressing my opinions of the conduct of this individual at this time. I'm writing to inform those interested in factual information related to this posting.

9  August - We reached an agreement via email to sell/buy the receiver for $450 including shipping.

10 August - After I determined that the name I was to send the payment to had multiple address that were all different than the address I was to send the money order to, and that the land line                   telephone number for the payment person was registered a different name, I agreed to proceed with sending out the USPS money order via Priority Mail the next morning after the person                   claimed to be a law enforcement officer.  I assumed honor, integrity, character, trust ...

11 August - I sent an email confirmation in the morning that I sent the money order via Priority Mail

16 August - I sent an email requesting confirmation that the money order had been received.

- See the posting in Klipsch forum with "My Email from Christopher...."

17 August - I sent another email requesting confirmation that the money order had been received.

- I received a reply confirming that the envelope had been received, but that it would be returned, unopened, "due to unforeseen circumstances".

After paying the fee for the money order, the Priority Mail postage, and the $450 I wait - hoping my money order will be returned.  Promptly - using the same Priority Mail service that I used?  With a payment to cover my costs?  With an apology for the wasted time, effort, stress ...?  I have never tried to return a money order that's been made payable to another person to the Post Office, and have no idea how long that takes and if there are fees.

I will refrain from commenting on or expressing my opinions of the conduct of this individual at this time.  I'm writing to inform those interested in factual information related to this posting. 

Well I guess some people have no moral, I'm sorry it happened to you but I must say that I have bought a few things for forum members and they all have been straight up guys.

Unless he has a valid explanation ( every body has the right to give his side of the story) I think evey one of us should keep an eye on this guy and bring this thread back if he tires again to sell something.

Well I guess some people have no moral, I'm sorry it happened to you but I must say that I have bought a few things for forum members and they all have been straight up guys.

Unless he has a valid explanation ( every body has the right to give his side of the story) I think evey one of us should keep an eye on this guy and bring this thread back if he tires again to sell something.

• 11 months later...