Can't Decide on Home Theater...

SilverSport

Speakers...Crossover points on pre-pro...I know, I know...the troubles I have to put up with...I shouldn't complain...I just can't decide which or what combination for my Home Theater...I get one and think it is the way I want it but then tinker and think the other is better...problem is...I currently have both...

What stays the same: Outlaw 7100 7X100 wpc all channels driven, Outlaw 950 PrePro, Outlaw LFM-1 Subwoofer

What I can't decide on: Heresy Mains with BEC crossovers, Heresy Surrounds with BEC crossovers, "Heresy" Center with a DeanG crossover, BEC Tweeter and cabinet made by jorjen...ALL speakers crossed over at 80hz...

or

Quartet Mains, popbumpered K-Stack Academy Center, KSP-S6 Surrounds...Mains crossed over at 80hz, Center at 100hz and Surrounds at 100hz...I could substitute for rear Surrounds another pair of Quartets or Heresys crossed over at 80hz but to be honest, I haven't heard all that much difference in rear surrounds with the exception of the KSF-S5s I had before that couldn't keep up with the other speakers I had...

I listen to one set up and it sounds nice...I read a bit here and I tweak a bit and listen to the other set up and think it sounds better...later tweak again and think this sounds better...

where am I going wrong (or right...besides the obvious...[;)])

This will be for Movies and/or sometimes DVD-A...I have other options for 2 channel music...

Thanks for any thoughts you might care to share...

Bill

Not that it really matters, but are you running 5.1 or 7.1 System. I don't recall if the 950 is 6 or 8 Channel Pre-Pro as I have only really investigated the 990.

Based on my knowledge of an HT set-up. I use all Paradigm Studio Series, I would go with the Matched Heresy's. I have to agree with IndyKlipschFan's assessment that timbre matching does matter. All my Studio Series speaker have matched x-overs, tweeters and midrange drivers. The only difference is the Low End where the fronts have a greater range. I have tried "plugging" in better musical sounding speakers in the front, and don't like the change it makes...it allows you to pick out the different speakers...at least to my ears.

Just my thoughts...

KAK

I can't believe any combo you use will sound better than the all Hersey set-up you already have............Bill, your not going to compete with these all La Scala, all Khorn, or all Cornwall systems these other guys have........don't even try.....that is one bad point to this forum, trying to stay with the some of these guys. Let's see here, a C-5 Corvette, a G.T.O., 2 channel system with Khorns, need I continue ? How many movies do you REALLY watch? You've already got nice stuff, your luckier than most...............ENJOY YOUR GEAR.......You've got nice stuff right now........Come on man, snap out of it......alot of movies the 5.1 isn't that good anyway, and if you buy new gear today, next month it's old, and outdated...ENJOY YOUR GEAR...but, it's your money, your choice, all I can say is............ENJOY YOUR GEAR.......how much more do you think you need????????? You asked....[;)]

I'd like the Vette............but............The Goat is interesting..........but.........a Z06 is what I really want.....or...a Roush stage 3 Mustang......but...I'll keep the Porsche...It's paid for.....or.......I would give you a good deal on it........Can't Decide what I want.......snicker,snicker ........old farts....EH !!!!!!

I'd like the Vette............but............The Goat is interesting..........but.........a Z06 is what I really want.....or...a Roush stage 3 Mustang......but...I'll keep the Porsche...It's paid for.....or.......I would give you a good deal on it........Can't Decide what I want.......snicker,snicker ........old farts....EH !!!!!!

I thought you weren't saying "EH" anymore.[:#]

I thought you weren't saying "EH" anymore.[:#]

I just can't help myself sometimes.......the Canadian Devil in me wins now and then....My grandparents were from Nova Scotia.........

Thanks again...Arky, if I do I will keep you at the top of the list...it would be VERY hard for me to sell Heresys...Heresy (II) was the first Klipsch speaker I ever heard for extended periods, Heresys were my first "Heritage" speaker (I had kg2s)...and when I came to this Forum and was asking about Synergy speakers for a Home Theater, I was told to give the Heritage speakers another look (thanks Win/dodger) and found a nice pair of Birch Raw stained dark walnut (as many were back in the day) at a BIN price on the 'bay (thanks, Chicago Pete)...so there is a LOT of sentiment in the Heresys...

now as for those Cubs...[:P]

Bill