Marathon Key

is a doggone cool place. I got a wild hair Sunday night and l told the wife to pack t-shirts for a week and we were going to shoot over to Treasure Cay (Abaco). Well, since the last time I went there one major change has taken place. Passport required. "Oh well, find us a place in the Keys" which she did. Indigo Reef is a brand new place with private boat slips and extremely nice Townome style units. We dragged our 17' Boston Whaler and it is right in our back yard. We were lucky to get a place an such short notice as it is mini season for lobsters which thankfully ends today. There were a ton of boats out there the last 2 days all diving for lobster. I've got a guide lined up for a back country/flats trip (full day) in search of snook, tarpon, permit and whatever else we can get. This is a blast and even cooler coming down like this on the fly. I will post a pic is we catch something memorable.

my back country guide is taking us out of Islamorada on Sunday. We went out to the reef today and caught some yellowtails and mangrove snapper. We might try Lorelllies but we are a little south of Islamorada so who knows.

Yes, it's Bahia Honda and it's one of the nicest beaches in the Keys.

Sorry to hijack your thread! but this is a picture I took last week in Mexico. I spent a whole week in a few hours on that beach. I didn't get to fish, but I did my share of trying to thin out the Carona population. Bucket's of 6 ice cold beer's for 6 bucks!

I just love the tropics!