My new Heresy III are arriving...

mteinum

mteinum: Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your Heresy IIIs as much as I enjoy mine. That looks like a sweet, little amp. Let us know how it all sounds!

-Glenn

Congrats. It will indeed be fun. Hope to hear your take on the sound, too. Will you be driving them with your SET amp? Some pics would be great.

Enjoy!

Yes that is the plan. Currently the SET is driving a pair of Snell KIII. These speakers are rated 90dB/1W and will fill the living room here (~23 m2) with acceptable volume. The inventor of the amp is telling me that the amp can theoretical amplify the speaker with 7dB. So, maximum output now is 97dB. The Heresy starts at 99dB - this can work out pretty nice I think.

Here are some pictures of the amp I was building - no fancy acrylic top or woodwork, just some stain on the wood and thats it. It sounds much better than it looks ;)

rør etter klokken 22

MAE SET-1

Lyd #1

MAE SET-1 #2

And tomorrow; speaker pictures!

Congrats!

Are Klipsch popular in Norway?

Paul

One of the major hi-fi magazines here in Norway have (or now; had) a writer with great love for dynamics and RF-5 was in his main system. So the name should be known. I was visiting a store here in my town for a listen to RF-82 and the seller told be that they are quite popular and are selling. I heard a klipsch setup for 10-12 years ago - and that made an impression - a huge impression, so now its my turn..

Morten

Do I understand this correctly.................Your going to power Heresy III's with a SET amp? What's the wattage output of amp? Please post how that works out after you've had them for awhile............Very curious as to how a SET would work with them........Enjoy your Hersey III's, give them some time, and proper location, and you'll love them. You might not like them first thing out of the box, just give them time.......ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

Do I understand this correctly.................Your going to power Heresy III's with a SET amp?

Yes, I will try so. But, this is not SET as in Single Ended Triode, but Single Ended Tetrode.

What's the wattage output of amp?

2x6,5W

Very curious as to how a
SET would work with them........

Me too [:)]

They are here!

Something at my door

What is this...?

Better take them inside

Boxes

Whats in this box then...

Hmmm.

Ahhh, its a nice little speaker

Look ;)

The logo

Logo

Undressed

Naked

And - its not that small..

It's big

Now its time to bring them to my apartment and hook them up with the amp, more photos will be posted later this day.

Please post how that works out after you've had them for awhile............Very curious as to how a SET would work with them........Enjoy your Hersey III's, give them some time, and proper location, and you'll love them. You might not like them first thing out of the box, just give them time.......ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

They are working, thats the good part.

And even better is that my first impression is that this will be sound heaven :) First; my amp has no problem at all driving these speakers. The bass is great, I placed them pretty close to the wall, one in the corner. It sounded a bit thin at first, but even after 3 hours things are going the correct way. The bass is very-very fast, you can hear every note from the bass player. No boom-boom. You really feel good with these speakers, they groove and get you in a good mood.

Moving up to mid/tweeter. Oh man! Heresy vs RF-82; 1 - 0. But the soundstage was better on the RF-82. Then there is the breakin period, and they need a little bit more than 3 hours - that will hopefully help... But still, there is a bit more midrange in the Heresy speaker - something I felt was lacking in the RF-82 box.

My room is also not that optimal at the moment, we are in the process of moving to a new apartment and right now whats in the living room is the sound system ;) A sofa and some chairs will most likely help on the early reflections from the walls/floor.

I forgot the USB cable to my camera in the other apartment, so pictures will arrive tommorow.

And yes, I'm enjoying as much as I can [:D]

Morten

They look very nice on those wood floors huh.

They do, but we're moving to a new apartment and that floor is not that nice... We are in the process of building a new house and that should be done early in 2008.

But here you have a picture of the current situation:

På plass i ny stue

That room looks nice...real wood, too. I love the paneling. You know it isn't the thin, fake stuff people often put up. Those are beautiful speakers to match. If I didn't already have some Heresy IIs and LaScalas, I would be tempted, but I would like to think that KHorns or Jubs might be next.

Sweet-looking apartment and those H III's look like they're right at home!

I just love the rustic look of knotty pine! ........Hmmm, Knotty Pine Heresy III's! Now THERE'S an idea! LOL

Enjoy! - Glenn