Oh Me O My Oh!

thebes

Gonna have great fun down in the Bayou.

Uuuuheee! She be really hot, good time for a dance oh. Got the catfish on the grill, beer cooling down in a galvanized tub. Checkerboard tablecloths in place on tables set up under the Cyprus trees. Crawfish stew over coals. Got me dancin dudes on. White hat with the bills turned up on the side, deep red country shirt, black string tie, my special stepppin out properly pressed bluejeans bottoms sliding nicely over a pair of locally caught and made alligator boots.

The Twins are in New York getting fitted for the winter runway shows so I'm on my own. Needed the smell of salt, sweat and gumbo so I headed to the delta. Got lost in a swamp and emerged into a local gathering. Fine lookin women blossoming in the heat. Band hasn't shown up yet, so I pulled my emergency LaScalas out the back of my '54 Ford flatbed. Having the last name of Thibault hasn't hurt either. Next time your lost in a swamp down there feel free to use my name.

First up a rare treat. Rockin Dopsie, Jr. and The Zydeco Twisters, "Everybody Scream".

Some of the boys don't like the hungry looks their girls are giving me, they routinely pack shotguns and knives down here, so let's keep the tunes coming.

marty, are you really down south or just tripping? if in the swamp, how do you explain the 'live' reports? by the way, speaking of tripping, i'm moving from central virginia to the outer banks of north carolina. still hope to make it to the northern va. get-together. wouldnt want to miss meeting the one and only 'thebes'.

pete

SorryI'm just getting back to you. Shortly after I put up this post two strapping young lads pulled me aside and said "Look we need to go hunt a special ingredient to finish off the gumbo. It's called a snipe. Would you like to go with us?"

So off we went in one of those boats with the big propeller in back. Now I was a little bit nervous around these guys so spotting a bucket of chum in the bottom of the boat I occasionally dropped one overboard sorta like leaving breadcrumbs behind. Sure enough as soon as I climbed out a little tussock in the middle of the swamp they took off.

So I started following the trail of chum back to the party. Well I had forgot about the alligators and let me tell you true I was moving kinda fast there for awhile.

Just as I reach dry land one of those gators lurches out of the water and makes a grab for me. I ducked aside just in time and somehow he impales his jaw on a sturdy tree branch and in trying to get rid of it works it's way inside in effect propping his mouth open. It wasn't a very big critter as gators go so I grabbed him by the tail and dragged him along with me orienting my direction on the sound of the music in the distance.

Well you should off seen the looks on the people when I pulled that gator into the middle of the party. You could tell there was great joy by the way they all took to running around and screaming. That critters in the pot right now.

Never did find a snipe though I did find a a Beausoleil cd under my car seat.

Party's picking up now whatcha got for me?

Wouldn't be a Friday without a witty post from thebes.

What happened last week? Nothing!

I was sulking a bit because my previous Friday's thread had been axed (a first for me) because some people here got confused and thought it was political. Now I ask you, have I ever related a story here that wasn't entirely true and accurate?

Why I even have had a letter from Mr. Cheney thanking me for the nice job I did.

It's been "blacked out" a bit because my work has considerable implications for our national security.

post-14801-13819339837522_thumb.jpg