Khorns in Orlando BIN sure look familiar!

The one response I got back was that they are located near Lake Nona which is just between the airport and 417 south of the Beeline. Not far from you at all Mike. However they never responded to my request for a contact number. I.....don't....know bout this one.

I played golf 5 minutes from there today. This is about 25 minutes from my house. Still no word from him.

Mike

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a pretty nice pair of 82 Walnut Oils, with just a few minor dings on them. If he's legitimate he'll let me come by to see/hear them. I'll post my thoughts here. As much as I would like to have a pair I'm just not in a position financially or room wise.

Mike

I've had no reply back today since the first one this morning. Funny how I got a reply real fast asking where they were located then nada when I asked for contact information. I might send another request tomorrow. I'm not going to put a dog in this hunt until I can verify that he (or she) really has something to offer up.

Well, she just responded:

Q: Hello Mike! I know I told you it was absolutely not a problem to come by to look at the speakers to test them out, but unfortunately I can't stand behind my word. Originally I thought it would be no problem, but the owners of the speakers are only comfortable with someone picking up the speakers after a purchase. I'm very sorry. Thank you for understanding. (the speakers are in very good condition) Diana

Anytime they won't let you come by and look at them beforehand I have to question the legitimacy. I would stay away from this one personally.

Mike

Edit: BTW, I put a link to this thread in my email back to her, so if I don't hear back from her then I think it's pretty obvious this is a scam auction.

The phrasing is a bit funny, but is she actually saying that you can only "hear them" after you have purchased them. What is the difference between testing them and picking them up prior to purchase?

This does not look right... IOW, would you be comfortable testing out a used car only if you had purchased it first?

-Tom

I originally asked her where she was located and if I could come by to look at the speakers. Her initial response was:

Hello Mike, yes, I'm located in Orlando, Lake Nona Area (airport). I understand this is an expensive purchase and it would be necessary for you to inspect the item, but for safety reasons, I would prefer a local pickup after purchase. I'm sorry Mike. Thank you for your interest. Diana

Which seemed like a very odd response to my asking if I could come by to look at them. I didn't mention anything other than I wanted to see them.

I then replied asking for her address/phone number so I could come by and see them. That's when she responded with the quote a few posts above. I agree with Dee though... if she allows cash payment at time of pickup then I would say it's legitimate.

Mike

They look sorta familiar, but I can't place it....

Happy ending on the other pair that the other bad guy attempted to sell twice (second time to K'holic) Original purchaser called me on Friday and we sent him with two gorilla sized deputies to the bad guy's residence. Needless to say the original purchaser left with his Klipschorns and without incident.... Bad guy was "upset", but C'est la Vie!!!....

Good luck and if this seller will let you inspect.... [:D] If not.... here we go again.....

Not to add fuel to the fire guys (and girls), but if you notice on the Payment details section you'll see this.

Seller's payment instructions

Thank you for your purchase and prompt payment. This ensures your item will be sent out immediately. Thank you! ~smokinhotstyles

Who the heck is "somokinhotstyles"? certainly not the seller listed in the auction. Suppose the scammer misssed a detail that showed his hand? Hmmm?

Think it's time to send Ebay a message....

Not to add fuel to the fire guys (and girls), but if you notice on the Payment details section you'll see this.

Seller's payment instructions

Thank you for your purchase and prompt payment. This ensures your item will be sent out immediately. Thank you! ~smokinhotstyles

Who the heck is "somokinhotstyles"? certainly not the seller listed in the auction. Suppose the scammer misssed a detail that showed his hand? Hmmm?

Think it's time to send Ebay a message....

I hate when scammers can't even take the time to manage the details properly!

Hi Tom.

How did you find out about the other seller name "winterparktoys"?

Thanks!

PS. I sent an email requesting permission to come by and inspect. I am about an hour away.

Wait, you have misunderstood me. I have no idea whether this seller & "winterparktoys" are the same.

The later is located in Orlando and does deal with Klipsch products. I saw a possible link and was being cautious and warning folks to find out if this guy is again involved. There are many folks near Orlando FL, so this is most likely just a coincidence. But I wanted to make sure a forum member did not get burned - just in case.

-Tom