Khorns in Orlando BIN sure look familiar!

Well, she just responded:

Q: Hello Mike! I know I told you it was absolutely not a problem to come by to look at the speakers to test them out, but unfortunately I can't stand behind my word. Originally I thought it would be no problem, but the owners of the speakers are only comfortable with someone picking up the speakers after a purchase. I'm very sorry. Thank you for understanding. (the speakers are in very good condition) Diana

Anytime they won't let you come by and look at them beforehand I have to question the legitimacy. I would stay away from this one personally.

Mike

******This may be why she responded as she did to the offer for cash on pick up:

Edit: BTW, I put a link to this thread in my email back to her, so if I don't hear back from her then I think it's pretty obvious this is a scam auction.

She knows exactly what is up!

Maybe you should call her bluff--if that's what it is...

But I wouldn't go alone!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at the auction again this morning.

Plot thickens.....

Ad has following seller info, but no reference to "smokinhotdeals"

What's also suspicious is other items for sale. Appears to be knock-off (possibly counterfeit) Gucci items. Ad disclaimer says "gently used and in good condition or new without tags. Items up for auction were purchased as discontinued or irregular items".

I called the company listed at the bottom of the ad and spoke with "Craters and Freighters" . The rep advised me that the seller (she) had asked them to handle shipping for her if the sale was made to someone requiring shipment. He had no other info other than she had apparently used them before.

Hard to say on this one. I would strongly agree that cash on pickup and take someone with you. Can't hurt.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Plot thickens.....

<snip>

The reference to "smokinhotstyles" is at the very bottom of the listing, just below the paypal logo and above where you place your bid:

Seller's payment instructions

Thank you for your purchase and prompt payment. This ensures your item will be sent out immediately. Thank you! ~smokinhotstyles

Plot thickens.....

<snip>

The reference to "smokinhotstyles" is at the very bottom of the listing, just below the paypal logo and above where you place your bid:

Seller's payment instructions

Thank you for your purchase and prompt payment. This ensures your item will be sent out immediately. Thank you! ~smokinhotstyles

If you look at the other items this seller typically sells, "smokinhotstyles" could have been a past username for them. The chick in the Arden B Skirt and the almost see through Keyhole Dress certainly appeared to be smokin' hot.

Yah, you are probably right... they are legit....

Got to thinkin' (it hurts...)... If they were mine and my wife was selling them for me and was wearing the keyhole dress, etc. etc., I would not want half the forum coming over for an "audition" either....[6]

Whoops! She just came in, read over my shoulder, "wopped" me again, and wanted to know why I'm looking at women in keyhole dresses.... The Klipschorn explanation did not work[;)]

I still think I've seen these pics before but given the fact that they will take cash eases all my pains. I'm off on a backpacking and flyfishing trip to CO and am sitting at my sister's house in NM getting ready to leave. If I was going to be around this weekend I might go the distance but guess I'll sit this one out. Somebody might get a nice deal here. Oh well there's always next time.

[D]

I was going to bid, but I emailed the seller two days ago regarding comming by to inspect either yesterday or today, and never received a reply. That plus all the post left here on the forum left me too scared to bid. I live in Daytona Beach, so Orlando is only an hour away. No shipping! I am going to email the winning bidder and see how the deal worked out, and will post what I find out.

Assuming the speakers were legit, and everything worked correctly, what would they be worth?

She told me earlier that I could not come by to look at the speakers before the auction ends, according to the owner of the speakers. She said they could be inspected at time of pickup, but also went on to say she would accept cash at time of pickup. This leads me to believe if you don't like the condition, then don't bother paying for them. Certainly not the way I would conduct business.

Mike