free - indy area large format horns

Guest " "

Duke...those white ones of yours......are those the 2360? What are your thoughts of the 2365 horns in a room where you would only be sitting back 10-12'?

jc

yes ... 2360's effin' ..Rock ......

Pink Floyd, The Wall .... when the Helicopter comes over ... YOU ... DUCK .. !!!!

remember, you need CD compensation ...

by the way, those aren't mine .. I got that from a gentleman in Europe, and built the same thing, 'cept mine are black ply

Duke, what would you think of a mini Crown amp rack of DC 300/150/75? I'll have that after this weekend. Plus the MicroTechs, plus the K2- woohooo

I might have to sell off that JBL 6260 and QSC 1400 just to make room.

I'd like it , if they were all " 2 " series, not the originals ..

you'll Really like that K model ... Colt ... !! [:)]

'lil bit sweeter than the Micro/Macro tech

Duke, what would you think of a mini Crown amp rack of DC 300/150/75? I'll have that after this weekend. Plus the MicroTechs, plus the K2- woohooo

YUP- all clean II series black/grey face! Tres cool eh?

Driving up to Elkhart area tomorrow after work.

Taking the TRUCK. bwhahahahaha

Duke.

Yes...I had planned CD EQing.

The 2365A is essentially the same design as your 2360A just the coverage is different (yes I know you know this)......2360 90 x 40 and the 2365 60 x 40. Yes....it would be a little nicer to have the 2360 if in the home up close.

Here is the link to the pdf for those horns. The polar plot is there. I'm not a fan of answering a question with a link but I don't have the polars on my hard drive.

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/pub/components/23606566.pdf

I just acquired some JBL 2446H. Haven't hooked them up but look to be in good condition. They are very heavy (ridiculous)....much heavier than the K-1132 next to them.

jc

post-16499-13819344068964_thumb.jpg

"I got sniped on the throats last night . . . .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Michael, its always better to be the sniper than the snipee. Its not really a live auction. If you snipe what its worth to you, you cant be sniped. You can be outbid, but not sniped.

ya got me Neil.

The guy had 4 pair and only sold one, so he gave any other bidders a second chance at the sale price. I had bid the first bidder up during the evening which was probably to no one's advantage but the seller.

Still with SF's generous offer it's a great deal.

The seller has two more pair for $86 per pair if anyone else is interested.

M

I had bid the first bidder up during the evening which was probably to no one's advantage but the seller.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Michael Colter speaks the truth. Any bidding prior to the very close (can you say snipe) of an eBay auction benefits only the seller.

Duke.

The 2365A is essentially the same design as your 2360A just the coverage is different (yes I know you know this)......2360 90 x 40 and the 2365 60 x 40. Yes....it would be a little nicer to have the 2360 if in the home up close.

Here is the link to the pdf for those horns. The polar plot is there. I'm not a fan of answering a question with a link but I don't have the polars on my hard drive.

I just acquired some JBL 2446H. Haven't hooked them up but look to be in good condition. They are very heavy (ridiculous)....much heavier than the K-1132 next to them.

jc

wll, JC ..

the Plot's don't seem to be much diff 'till ya get to the 2366, 20X40 horn

YUP- all clean II series black/grey face! Tres cool eh?

Driving up to Elkhart area tomorrow after work.

Taking the TRUCK. bwhahahahaha

Niiiiiiiice Score .....

Elkhart, eh ....??

home base for Crown ... [:)]

Duke.

The 2365A is essentially the same design as your 2360A just the coverage is different (yes I know you know this)......2360 90 x 40 and the 2365 60 x 40.  Yes....it would be a little nicer to have the 2360 if in the home up close.

Here is the link to the pdf for those horns.  The polar plot is there.  I'm not a fan of answering a question with a link but I don't have the polars on my hard drive.

I just acquired some JBL 2446H.  Haven't hooked them up but look to be in good condition.  They are very heavy (ridiculous)....much heavier than the K-1132 next to them.

jc

wll, JC ..

the Plot's don't seem to be much diff 'till ya get  to the 2366, 20X40 horn

agree.....no much of a blind spot in any room using the 2360 or the 2365.

Well fellas...that is great news.

The horns arrived friday with adapters. I haven't unboxed them yet. I hope to run some curves on the 2365 and the 2446 drivers at some point.

Duke, you know of any resource that has the Parametric EQ recs for these horns?

jc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Now that I'm actually setting these babies up, I thought I might revive their orignal thread.

The 2365 horns, a present from SpeakerFritz (thanks mang), have been joined to their cast iron throats and currently sport the K69A 'Jubilee' drivers, which is actually a pro cinema tweeter driver. I've got them balanced on top of the MCM stacks and hooked up in parallel with the MSM part of the M4 network.

For some outdoor concerts this summer I think I need to get proper drivers and possibly horn eq behind these. 2446H at a good used price or 1132's seem to be the best option.

How did your experiments turn out JC? Did you get a horn eq to punch in? I have these Crown XTi's now, so could strap one of those specifically for these long throw horns. I plan on using these and KP682's to supplement my MCM stacks bwhahahahhaa

Michael