SRV on PBS

Islander

Did anyone else see Stevie Ray Vaughan on PBS last night? The show featured clips from performances at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1982 and in 1983, at the El Mocambo in TO in 1983 and on Austin City Limits in 1989. It was all good, but the Austin City Limits part may have been the best. The sound was great!

As it happened, I also had a Rough Trade video cued up, so I was able to watch and listen to Carole Pope, Kevan Staples and the band during the membership appeals. A pretty good evening.

I have always liked Stevie Ray on Austin City Limits............The first set, he's kinda' tight, and nervous, the second set, He's the Man !!!! The Montreux Jazz Festival, disc one, listen to the Boo's, rude bass-turds, disc two, the Man returns to cheers, go figure...........Left us way too soon, another Guitarist with the Sky being his limit. A True FENDER BENDER.................R.I.P. Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan............

SRV is great on PBS. Lately though some of the shows on PBS are abolutely below "awful". People with angel wings taped to their backs, people all dressed in Jesus Christ robes, bands using only the black piano keys, pre-puberic guitar chording, no melodys, and rythum inspired by falling trees.

JJK