Monster Cable Eleganza Godfather Award Winning 1000 Watt Subwoofer/End Table

jacksonbart

This looks like a joke.

I couldn't disagree more.

While I am no fan of Monster's 'marketing over engineering' approach, this 'thing' you decry is an indication of just what will eat your proverbial purist's lunch!

While so many here constantly decry the size and appearance of so many subwoofers, someone has finally attempted to incorporate the design into an achitecturally acceptable format that just might be acceptable to a much broader marketplace.

So complain and criticise all you want. But meanwhile someone has finally taken a step to overcome a major market acceptance factor, and while i may lament that it was Monster, i suspect that this concept just may indicate a trend that will outsell all of the elitist purist subs. (Just as receiver manufacturers who fail to include a USB or other iPod(et al)/PC compatible streaming interface will also discover...whether we like them or not!)

The problem is that both Bose and Monster have discovered this fact...while the erudite purists who know so much more are still oblivious to the market realities and fail to address them.

Folks, like it or not, we who value the audio system above the environment in which it exists are in an ever decreasing minority. And whether you like it or not, both consumer and especially pro audio are on the ropes.

So you might want to make sure that its a mighty sweet tune the band plays as the Titanic slowly sinks....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do you say pro audio??? Also, you're saying that this is (simply

put) about WAF (not specifically, but it's the general ideal)? I don't

get it....especially the pro audio comment...

Gauss, JBL, EV and the list goes on...

What is this about pro audio?????

Where have you been for the last 15 years?

May I suggest that you get a subscription to FOH and ProSound News to start.

And become familiar with the business side of audio and strategic marketing...

[;)]

not crazy at all, after i sold my klipshorn based ht/ 2 channel system i needed deep bass, so i have had both klipsch reference and synergy subsm both were anemic, good but anemic. so as i bought my new system i auditioned a few different manufacturers, klipsch-def tec supercubes-b&w just to name a few, all were adequate, but i finally ended up with a velodyne SPL 1200R 1000 WATTS it is currently set at around 36% and did the whole spl thing it is amazing headroom delux, there is so much hidden in sound tracks that normal subs don't show, sometimes in scenes that you do not suspect, just to add flavor to a scene. i watched "black hawk down" the other day after not watching it for 6-7 years, the last time was with a lesser sub, wont say model to irritate fellow klipshers ( still have my sons entire klipsch system in house) but instead of booming its way through the movie, the sub just made the movie real, never booming-muddy-exaggerated. it was so different, and absolutely lifelike, the headroom makes equal sense in subs as with the down stream electronics. to truly test your subs the best movie i have found so far is war of the worlds, with some subs i encountered the first attacks are a bit undynamic, but when your sub is dialed in, the entire scene has really cool lfe, the lfe in the aliens lazer blasts are over whelming. any way, NO 1000 watts is not enough or too much, judging by my experiences is is a good beginning, you wont use it all, but it is about headroom, and the inherient ability of the sub. to know! just to know i can push another 2/3rds if needed is ...................wow, as it is the lazer blasts feel like they might pick my couch up, and they are neither loud or harsh, but my neighbor feels them too. nice to be back,

not crazy at all, after i sold my klipshorn based ht/ 2 channel system i needed deep bass, so i have had both klipsch reference and synergy subsm both were anemic, good but anemic. so as i bought my new system i auditioned a few different manufacturers, klipsch-def tec supercubes-b&w just to name a few, all were adequate, but i finally ended up with a velodyne SPL 1200R 1000 WATTS it is currently set at around 36% and did the whole spl thing it is amazing headroom delux, there is so much hidden in sound tracks that normal subs don't show, sometimes in scenes that you do not suspect, just to add flavor to a scene. i watched "black hawk down" the other day after not watching it for 6-7 years, the last time was with a lesser sub, wont say model to irritate fellow klipshers ( still have my sons entire klipsch system in house) but instead of booming its way through the movie, the sub just made the movie real, never booming-muddy-exaggerated. it was so different, and absolutely lifelike, the headroom makes equal sense in subs as with the down stream electronics. to truly test your subs the best movie i have found so far is war of the worlds, with some subs i encountered the first attacks are a bit undynamic, but when your sub is dialed in, the entire scene has really cool lfe, the lfe in the aliens lazer blasts are over whelming. any way, NO 1000 watts is not enough or too much, judging by my experiences is is a good beginning, you wont use it all, but it is about headroom, and the inherient ability of the sub. to know! just to know i can push another 2/3rds if needed is ...................wow, as it is the lazer blasts feel like they might pick my couch up, and they are neither loud or harsh, but my neighbor feels them too. nice to be back,

Welcome back.

And an elegant testimony to the affects of a quality sub.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out what the post has to do with the subject of the thread...aside perhaps that it concerns a subwoofer...

Now, don't get me wrong, as I know from experience that the subject has little to do with the criteria for posting! ;-)

And since the emoticons once again do not work (hey, at least the website is consistent!): ;-))

The Elegonzo sub tweeter is one heck of a tweeter ! [:o]

18" woofer,6" voice coil,180lbs motor structure,a BL of 80! And an Xmax of 80mm !!! The Elegonzo beats the competition into the pavement !!! With a 24lbs sledgehammer...to a bloody pulp. [8-|]