Where is the Cornwall Vault?

DizRotus

I'll be happy to keep now or later.... it sounds like it would be better for wpines since he has the need to ship some cornwalls soon. Some day I'll be looking for some cornwalls only have Kp-201's now. I'll Let you guys decide where to send them. I'm just trying to be a newbie that could help.

It looks like we're making progress on the "Save The Cornwall Vault " project. Wpines has volunteered to be the next custodian in CTand to pay to get it there. BadDad has indicated a willingness to store it in Indy. Audible Nectar has expressed a willingness to pay to ship it via FA from DTW to Indy. Others have expressed a willingness to contribute to shipping it to the next storage location and MIkeGinillinois might need the vault to get a pair from FL to IL. See http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/963308.aspx.

If MIkeGinillinois decides to use it, then it would make sense for him to have it shipped to FL where his Cornwalls would be loaded and it would then be shipped to IL. From there, it could either stay in IL with MIkeGinillinois, go to BadDad in Indy or go to wpines in CT. If MIkeGinillinois decides not to use it, then it could go directly to wpines or BadDad.

If everyone potentially invloved wants to send me a PM with email and telephone contact info, I'll send replies back that will enable everyone to communicate directly with each other so that we can reach a consensus on the best course of action.

MIkeGinillinois decided not to use it. The two presently remaining options are to send it to wpines in CT or BadDad in Indy. I will investigate the cost to ship it empty to the two locations. When I get that info Ill contact each of them and ask permission to give each the others contact info so that they can discuss the relative advantages or disadvantages of either one becoming the custodian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Unless someone has an imminent need of the vault, shipping it empty to the next custodian is the most reasonable way to preserve it for future use by forum members.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or strong feelings about CT vs. IN as the storage site?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The vault is on its way to forum member wpines who has graciously agreed to take on custody.

He has also hinted at the possibility of replicating it to serve a similar purpose for Khorns. I want to publicly thank wpines (I'll leave it to him to breach his anonymity) for taking on the custody of the Cornwall vault. It's the perfect resource for safely transporting pristine Cornwalls.

FYI, Forward Air weighed it in at 165# and the cost to ship it from DTW (Detroit) to BDL (Hartford, CT) was only $85.34.

Excellent! Here's hoping it serves you (wpines) as well as it has served many of us. If you have any questions on how best to use this, by all means, let me know, as I learned a few tips and tricks in my repeat use of the vault.

Thanks also to DizRotus for taking care of it up until now. If you need any funds to be chipped in for your handling/fees to ship that out, just let me know.

Audible,

I don't know that it will serve me at all because I'm just holding it for the use of others. DizRotus needed to trash it because he lost his storage space. I've got the time and space so I'm hosting. I'll pay Diz for the inbound freight. I'll post periodically in the Garage sale section to keep it's availability known to others. If a forum memebr needs the vault, I'll ship it to them or the party they're buying from. If you have some "how-to's", let me know and I'll pass them along to the the future users of the vault. Diz has had noone interested in using the vault in a long time. With the cost of Cornwalls climbing past the $800-$1000 range, the economics of paying Forward air around a hundred fifty bucks to ship Cornwalls with cabinets and grilles that are in excellent condition will become a no brainer.

• 2 weeks later...

wpines-

Please let us know what you think of the vault after you collect it from your local FA terminal. Remember to be kind to the original maker (I forget who that is) when you critique its design and construction. It might not be pretty, but it has worked well several times.

Forward Air called last week to advise that the freight had arrived. I'm having it picked up on Monday if the weather cooperates (we're forecasted for a wicked ice storm) or tuesday/wednesday at the latest. I believe your check was sent but I'll check on that too. I'll post some pics and post them to let others know about the Cornwall Vault's availability and I'll also post a survey to see if there would be any demand for a Klipschorn Vault. I'll build a Klipschorn vault (in 2 pieces) if the demand is there.

I received the check for the Forward Air charges. Thank you.

Other than posting reminders occasionally (which I did several times with no takers in 2 years), what suggestions do you have to allow forum members to consider the CW vault for safely shipping Cornwalls?. One suggestion is to solicit and post testimonials from prior users, e.g. Gilbert and Audible Nectar. I believe Gilbert used it at least 3 times. It's my impression that the vault has safely transported more than a half dozen pairs of Cornwalls.

If you decide to do something similar for Klipschorns, there will be an even greater need to get the word out.

Edited by DizRotus

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally found the contact information;

ace168516 (Jeff Schaffer) freighted the empty vault from me to tigerwoodKhorns (Chris Vero) who put Cornwalls in the vault and freighted it to ace168516 (Jeff) in Bloomington Illinois.

PM me for Jeff's phone number.