Posessed Heresy

NCSharkDriver

I put my projector on top of a pile of speakers once (since there are so many around)- you should have heard that Heresy TAKE OFF when the pj's fan came up to speed WWWHHHHIIIINNEEE

Frz is right, look for motors or electrical appliances as the cause, especially if the noise is a whine and occurs with the speaker wires unattached.

• Moderators

Yah know, we never did hear back from NCSharkdriver...

Heh... nope still here. Your post piqued my interest and I just went into my HT room for a listen-to..... nope, nada, zip. I think hooking it up to the amp and actually giving it a path to let loose on helped. That pair of Heresys (H1s) are now my 2 channel B speakers. They're quiet.

Thanks again for the input and humorous discussion.

Well now....Klipsch speakers were designed to have "a path to let loose on".

What do you think they really do when they are sitting there collecting dust....remain totally idle?[;)]

Shame on you guys who just let Klipsch beauties collect dust![*-)]

I just can picture in the mind's eye: Dr. Frankenstein and Igor running around with the lightning going off, the big spark machines doing their thing, and on the operating table is a Heresy. Not connected to anything. All of a sudden Frankie gets a big grin, turns to Igor and says.....

"It's Alive!! It's Alive"......[6]

I remember I once used an old tape recorder to tape my parakeets singing so I could play it back to them and watch them try and find the invisible birds. This tape player had no radio tuner but if I turned the volume up almost all the way I could faintly hear a radio station even though none had been playing in the room while the tape was recording.

• Moderators

I just can picture in the mind's eye: Dr. Frankenstein and Igor running around with the lightning going off, the big spark machines doing their thing, and on the operating table is a Heresy. Not connected to anything. All of a sudden Frankie gets a big grin, turns to Igor and says.....

"It's Alive!! It's Alive"......[6]

Groomey,

You sure do have a vivid imagination![:o]

Nothing like high efficiency speakers!

Check for refrigerator or furnace motors. Those are very reactive loads which shift the power on the AC. If you turn the power off on your main breaker you can narrow down the source.

The other source could be RF signal... CB's, Radio's, WiFi, Wireless phones...RoomGrooves...

If that doesn't narrow it down then yep...they are possessed. Maybe PWK is trying to talk to you from beyond.