Curious or just being a nib----.

modoc48

I drive a dump truck in Indiana and we were paving streets in Newcastle In. and on the south side of town at the intersection of State road 103 & 300s there is a 3 or 4 block street named Klipsch Dr. Now for 30+ yrs. of my life i never heard the word Klipsch until that wonderful day my cousin blasted out a pair of KLF 20's with a 500 watt a chanel old Carver amp.So i was just wondering if anybody knew about the street since it is not something you see every day.

• Moderators

That's cool! Did you take any pics? [:)]

The last name of Klipsch isn't really that uncommon, so I doubt the street name is related to Paul in some way (he was born in Elkhart, which is a few hours away). Unless the person who named it was simply a big fan [:)]

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of it.

Thats strange i really had not heard the name Klipsch until 15 yrs ago when i was turned on to the spekers. And i have always been into audio gear since very young i guess i was running in the wrong group. We will be back down there soon i will post some pic's. Thanks Amy.

That would be really cool to get a pic of, I'd definitely hang one up in my office.

On a somewhat related note, a couple years ago my wife and I were visiting an area where my family and I vacationed when I was little. There was a road called East Mail Road, and on the very old street sign for it it said "E MAIL RD" My wife had to snap a pic and we printed it in black and white and its hanging in my office. Judging by its appearance I'd say the sign was 30 years old if not older. So our office is now officially known as 'E Mail Road.'

dkp.... i know it seems like they are the "poor relation" of the line not mentioned very much. I go to the Klipsch corner on Audiokarma and they had a thred of the ranking of Klipsch speakers and the Legends are not mentioned. It kills me with the right amplication they kick serious ---. you get out of them excatly what what you put into them crap in crap out the most insperational thing you have ever heard in thats what will come out. somebody please do a spell check Bud light has me inspired!!!