A few album recommendations

Wardsweb

Joe, the reason about mentioning the movie/music section is because some of us have been trying to stir up interest in that forum for YEARS now with not much luck. We've encouraged people to post there many times right here in 2-channel but no new people ever swing by. I am guilty of this myself lately as I haven't posted there in a little bit. I think that comment had this in mind instead of "hey you're posting this in the wrong forum."

Do you guys know that there's an entire section down below for music and movies?

I am into Stan Getz, I can't put my finger on what I enjoy about his playing, possibly the phrasing of the passages.

Colterphoto.....you are welcome to my copy of the double-vinyl "Another World" 1977

It's only been played a couple times, but just not for me. I'll bring it w/me to Bethesda next month if you are interested.

• Moderators

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the B&W LP. Mike brought it to my house last year and it really is a great recording.

I also bought the latest Japanese release of Axis: Bold As Love a few weeks ago and it's excellent (in case anyone was wondering). I have a perfect original that sounds great but this new pressing blows it away.

That is easy to believe with that LP. Which original one do you have Gary, stereo or mono, what color is the label?

It is easy to believe that the reissue is going to be better on that particular LP because Jimmy somehow managed to "lose" one of the master tapes, right before it was supposed to go off to production. This is rumored to be because he did not like the sound. This was half the songs on the lp. Chas Chandler and Eddie Kramer remixed the entire side in one night except for "If 6 Was 9" which they could not match their original first mix. They discovered that Noel Redding had made a copy of that song at 7.5 ips to listen to as home on his deck. Unfortunately, his deck had eaten part of it up so they had to iron that flat and then mastered from that.

There has been a whole lot of improvement in what they can do since then to clean things up. I would be really interested to see what they did on that lp in terms of remastering, if they converted it to digital to work with and then clean up and then back to analog. Do they discuss anything about the recording or mastering in the liner notes of that reissue Gary?

I think I will have to give that one a try.

Travis

bought Matt Bianco "Whose Side Are You On" and "Matts Mood" yesterday.

ripped them to the ipod and listened to "Whose side..." while I was driving around this morning.

I think i am going to open a brew, put Matts Mood on the system and give it a listen.

so far i like Matt Bianco. thanks for the heads up.

I also bought Baby Face Willette "Face to Face" yesterday. been waiting 2 plus years for this one. will be listening to this also.

danny