CBS HD observation. IT SUCKS

dtximages

I think it is because his projector has a native resolution of 1280x720 I believe it was, and projectors and such look their best at their native resolutions. So 720 would look as good or better than 1080 on it.

Ah... I missed that. I guess I shouldn't skim posts with tech specs.

CBS sports in HD aren't near as good as ESPN, ESPN2 or HDNET sports in my area either. I've experienced the "voice shift" also. I think it's a problem with CBS personally. If you get away from sports, the other CBS shows are great. We watched Cane the other night and the colors were stunning. They also inserted a lot of older Santana music in the soundtrack. I found myself turning the volume up, it sounded so good.

Yeah CECAA850 I agree with that. The voice shift is really annoying when trying to show off my system to friends. They say crap like, "you spent so much on this, why does that happen. Thats why i got bose man". HAHAHAAHA ok none of my friends are brave enough to say exactly that but you know what I mean. I always have to show them the ESPN and HD Theater channels so theyll understand how good it really is.

One more observation about CBS football, and I might just be stupid here. I dont think they have as much "stadium participation" in their broadcasts. You cant hear the crowd as much and the commentators speak at a very reasonable level. While ESPN seems to put you right in the middle of the game and the commentators actually sound like theyre speaking up a bit louder. To me, CBS dumbs down the excitement a bit. IDK maybe i just didnt have my coffee that day. I never noticed it until i got all the HD/projector equipment. now the slightest things ring loud.

OH the Dish Network guy is coming today! This is going to be a wiring disaster. Bye bye charter HD, welcome 50+ channels in HD

ok dumb question... would I benefit from a 1080p dvd player if my native is 720p?

Infocus SP 7210

Native Aspect Ratio:

16x9

Supported Aspect Ratio:

4:3, 16:9

Brightness: (Video Optimized Lumens)

Whisper: 950 max ANSI lumens

High Bright: 1100 max ANSI lumens max ANSI lumens

Contrast Ratio:

2800 : 1 Full On/Full Off

Display Technology:

720p+ DarkChip3 DMD DLP by Texas Instruments

Data Compatibility:

640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 720

Video Compatibility:

Full NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1035i, 1080i, 1080p/24, 1080p/30

Color Wheel (DLP Only):

7-segment, 4x

Native Resolution:

1280x720

Projector Placement:

Ceiling Projection, Rear Projection, Front Projection

SMPTE Brightness:

Up to 132"/3.35m wide, 16:9 screen

Lamp Wattage:

Whisper: 220 Watts

High Bright: 250 Watts

Lamp Life:

Whisper: 3000 Hours

High Bright: 2000 Hours

Minimum Image Size:

2.8 ft (0.85 m)

Maximum Image Size:

17.6 ft (5.36 m)

Standard Lens Zoom:

1.3 : 1

Standard Lens Throw Ratio:

1.67 - 2.08:1 (Distance/Width)

Standard Lens Image Offset Ratio:

116% (16:9)

Standard Lens Projection Distance:

5 - 32 ft (1.52 - 9.75 m)

Digital Keystone Correction (Vertical):

+/- 20°

Digital Keystone Correction (Horizontal):

+/- 9°

Lens Shift:

Not Available

Or, just wait till I just have to have the 1080p projector too?

Again it is just awesome now.. even when I supposedly see a 1080p at the store... I still feel it is better at home.. and no.. I am not kidding myself.

ABC's Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and Big Shots... All 3 look fantastic in HDTV.

ALL Thursday night.

I will agree with the sub par commercials and sub par graphics too! When I can see every flaw on a persons face clearer than if they were 3 feet in front of me.. Have amazing sound effects too as if I was there. Thursday night might be fun.

I am laughing pretty hard at Big Shots..

CBS HD in my area OTA is (1080i) exceptionally good, extremely clear, not out of focus, and the colors dead on. The ABC (720p) channel is somewhat soft compared to NBC (1080i), FOX (720p), CBS (1080i), PBS (1080i), and the two others which I forgot. I would start screaming to your cable people, and sometimes that works.

JJK