Scored some Klipsch during this past year

laurelhill

I am newbie to posting but I have enjoyed checking out this forum to gather experience from contributing members. I decided to refinish the pair of Lascalas I purchased that had been previously veneered and modified by someone who knew what they were doing. They sound perfect. Thanks for all help received from forum members. A link to photos is below

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/FI3ws3HD

Thanks for the nice welcome.I think the braces complement their overall appearance too. These speakres also had the horns wrapped quite nicely with what looks like beads of chaulking I assume was for resonance. they have the B & K AA crossovers and now have K-77 tweeters. It looks like perhaps the K-77's might have been swapped at one time or another. It appears the tweeters might have been changed at one time because there are screw holes in the back of the motorboard for tweeters that might have been installed from the inside. Can anyone on this forum comment on what might have been tried out in the K-77's place. Its very interesting to see evolution of the these spaekers from what they were originally.

Nicely done.

The K-77s were originally mounted from the back of the cabinet. My tweeters are still mounted that way, although I have swapped them for some of Bob's tweeters. To mount the K-77s on the front, one has to take the assembly apart and feed the back of the horn through the hole and reassemble. A small bit of work on the hole is also required so that the back of the horn flange will fit. Although many have moved them, you risk damaging the driver (not getting the diaphragm back in correctly or damaging it).

Bruce

Hi

I agree with general concensus that the Lascala's are the next level up. I experiment alot using A & B switch on the remote and when both sets are playing thats when I really appreciate having the LaScala's but on certain recordings with the volume up higher the Cornwalls by themselves sound very nice too.