Belated Congrats!: Tommy Peck - Klipsch's Longest-Serving Employee

picky

This morning, since I am actually off today (the day after Thanksgiving), I happened to be catching up on my reading. The morning newspaper was rather "news-thin" this morning because all of their efforts had obviously gone into the production of seemingly-endless volumes of ad circulars touting all of the wonderous sale pricing this morning for Christmas shoppers to thrill to as early as.......4 AM!! Gosh, really? {**yawn**} And, I don't particularly care for the term "black Friday" in reference to today. Why not, "Bargain Friday" or "Bonus Friday" or "Insanely-early-shopper's Friday"? But, I digress.....

So, with this being a light-news day, paperwise, I turned to my stack of magazines that I never seem to have time to read any more. One of them is a trade publication named 'Residential Systems', which I receive monthly because I am now engaged in consulting on Home Theater designs and installations as a side to my career in automotive engineering.

In the October issue on page 22 I spotted the word "Klipsch" under the heading "New: Career Track". An article named: "Klipsch Celebrates Employee" and just below that is the photo (shown below) of Klipsch employee Tommy Peck: Klipsch's longest-serving employee!

Many of you may remember meeting Tommy last year in June of 2006 during the Klipsch Pilgrimage. The article can be found at this LINK. Reading the article I as a bit shocked by the fact that it seems Klipsch has moved from Hope, Arkansas over to Kansas! A misprinted claims Klipsch is in Hope, Kansas. I guess they left out the "Ark". Oops! Anyway, it's a very nice article and I just want to congratulate Tommy for his 34 years of serve to Klipsch and the rest of us! He was one of the folks responsible for the construction of the plant's anechoic chamber! I do not know if anyone else had posted this information before, but I did not want to miss the opportunity to make sure you all knew of Tommy's accomplishments. After all; he's one of the reasons our speakers are of such high quality and continue to delight us year-after-year! THANKS TOMMY! -Glenn

post-10177-13819353833138_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Picky, when we were at the farmhouse during the 2006 pilgrimage I had a chance to talk to him for a little while. Mr Peck was telling us stories about working at Klipsch and what PWK was like to work for.

Mr peck was fun to talk to, you could never guess what he was going to say, but good or bad you were going to get the truth. Kind of like PWK in a way, no [bs] just the facts and straight forward.

Congratulations Tommy Peck for all those years, now go take care of them cows !