Need some opinions

Tom_E

No way, go with the RF-83, maybe an RC-64 in addition, the center channel does add presence. As a guy who has grown up with Heritage series equipment, I see the RF series as a serious step in evolution. As an owner of both Heritage and RF series, I prefer the RF series for listening.

Geez, the Cornwall is a good efficient speaker w/alot of pesonality, but I think the RF-83 has much better detail and clarity in sound. Things move forward and although the Cornwall is 2db more efficient, the RF-83 is real progress, detailed and fine not just a bright, airy, loud sound. My mom has a pair of KHorns she bought for the house back in '62, I have owned both a pair of Heresy's and now I've had the Heresy II's for 22 years, I like my RF-52's and the RC-52 much better. Evolution in technology is a great thing.

Given the 2 db in efficiency, 100 db/1watt/1meter v 102 db/1 watt1 meter, either way you're moving a lot of air, the subwoofer for sure means you are reinforcing the lower frequency range of the RF-83, which has a better frequency response range than the Cornwall II. Although there hasn't been much evolution of the human ear, there certainly has been in the reproduction of analog wave lengths, the RF series represents some of the finest progress in the art of speaker making.

You have my vote on the RF-83's. Traditonalists may flame me, but when I got my RF-52's and RC-52, I put the Heresy II's under a blanket, and I haven't looked back. Heck, even my girlfriend likes them. Throw in an RC-64 for good measure with the money you save, you'll have a great sonic investment. You are setting up a home stereo, not a theater or PA system.

Either way, enjoy, I vote RF series.

Check out the link below:

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

The new Cornwall III is a very nice speaker - definitly a step up from the older versions.

A
while back I had the opportunity to compare the RF-83 side by side with
the Khorn, Lascala II, Heresy III and the Cornwall III. To my surprise,
the RF-83 was as tall as the Khorn, and deeper than the lascala. Although narrow, it sticks out quite a ways into the room - effectively taking up just as much usable floorspace as the other speakers present. The most
surprising speaker in the bunch was the Heresy III, which projected
such huge sound for a small speaker. The Lascala II was definitely a
cleaner sound than the Heresy, but I think the Cornwall proved itself a
more all around speaker (way more bass). The Khorns sounded pretty nice
too, but for oldschool rock I would probably lean towards the Cornwall.

When
we pulled out the RF-83, it was quite apparent that the lower mids,
especially in male vocals, weren't as pure sounding. The RF-83 was
voiced in a manner that sounded very similar to the Khorn, but them
drivers (as awesome as they are) just weren't able to keep up with the
horns. The Cornwalls projected a larger sound than the RF-83, which is
probably mostly a function of room acoustics, but the large baffle of
the Cornwall plays a role in that too. The thing that struck me about
the RF-83 bass was that the only word I could use to describe it is
"bubbly sounding" - like bass notes just didn't have any girth or
attack to them. The Cornwall, on the other hand, had lots of attack and
authority in the bass. Looking back on it now, it's quite possible that
these impressions are the result of the tube amps driving the speakers
(Cayin amp and CD Player). Controlling 3 woofers is a lot harder than
controlling just 1.

I really don't think you can go wrong either
way, and if you already like the sound of the RF-82, then you're
certainly not going to dislike the sound of the RF-83. Considering the difference in price point, I really don't think the improvements gained by going with the Cornwall III are worth $3000.

Coytee brings up a good point though....you might be able to land yourself a pair of Jubilees for about the same price as the Cornwall III. The increase in performance will absolutely be worth the extra investment. If it came down to a money issue, I would encourage you to forgo the fancy amplifier since the Jubilee will have far more return for the investment.

Thanks alot for all the oppinions! The truth is, that i am changing job, and will be a selling hi-fi, and Klipsch is one of the brands we are selling! Looking foreward to beginn. :)

I think i am leaning towards the RF-83. But do you guys think the MC275 is a nice match? Will it controll the 3 woofers well?

And what do you mean "Uffda" Craig? Haha. What does your tube idea cost?

When it comes to the Jubilee, i have no experience with them. When i search google, i find Klipsch KPT Jubilee 535, black industriell speakers. Is it theese monsters you are talking about?

Are they still in produtcion?

Tom,

Your Norwegian so I thought you would know what Ufda means. It's something my Grandmother used to always say when she heard something she didn't like [;)] As far as what I would suggest feel free to contact me off the forum. The MC275 is a fine amplifier though you could do much worst. I'm not sure of what the Import implications are for Norway.

Craig