DVD output to HDTV...

justin_tx_16

I am about to hook up my new sony dvd player with progressive scan to my new progressive scan HDTV from mitsubitsi...

they both have S-Video and RGB inputs/outputs... which should i use? They both break down the picture but which would be best? Thanks a ton Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Well, i went out and spent $34 of S-Video cable... gonna get some component which is just three RCA's correct, gold plated? S-Video looks good but i want to test out my progressive scan! I am gonna take some pics of my stuff today so you can see it. it's modest but works for me! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Justin, those will not suffice(the gold-plated rca's that is). You need digital interconnects that say "component video cables". They LOOK just like rca's but aren't. Return the S-Video cables, they are of no use unless you have a vcr with s-vid out.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

quote:

Originally posted by synthfreek:

Justin, those will not suffice(the gold-plated rca's that is). You need digital interconnects that say "component video cables". They LOOK just like rca's but aren't.

WRONG!! Component video cables are just regular 75ohm video cables, and component video is NOT a digital signal (it's analog)!

well i decided to read the manual for my DVD player and it came with red/green/blue cables Smile.gif but i think i will keep the thick gold plated ones i bought, more insulation and gold plating should be better. used my S-Video cable for teh digital cable box... here is my setup, remember i am 17 so no heresy's or even Synergy's in my room! haha!

DVD Player 1 = Sony DVP-NS700P (PROGRESSIVE SCANNING!!)

DVD Player 2 = Sony DVP-NS400D (5.1 Dolby Digital Decoding)

TV = Mitsubishi 46" HDTV 1080p (or is it 1080i? LoL)

Speakers = Klipsch ProMedia 5.1

Receiver 1 = MidiLand ADS2000 (comes in any day now!)

Receiver 2 = The New Audio Tornado as soon as it comes out Smile.gif

Cable = MOTOROLA Digital cable with S-Video and SPDIF/Optical audio output

I ordered 3 sets of those omni mounts from hype audio last night so ica n wall mount all 5 speakers, they will be in in 1-3 business days i think... upgraded the wire to 15 guage. only problem is my TV had to sit off the center of the room because my fireplace was in the center. Also, i have 12 foot ceilings and I had to mount the speakers next to teh speaker terminals on the walls so no wires would show so they are about 5 feet above my ears, but the omni mounts will let me aim them well enough i hope, right now they are just at about 8 feet up on shelves haha.

gonna post some pics as soon as my digital camera starts to work or i get a new one Smile.gif this week or next.

What do you think? I think my total cost for this whole system was $3000, it beat my other option which was a Home Theater in a Box from Sony, the Dream Theator, YUCK! LoL!

------------------

-justin

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 01-07-2002 at 11:50 AM

Doh...I apologize for the mis-info. I had a brainfart and was thinking of digital coax which looks like rca cables.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

I'm 17. cwm41.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier