Klipsch Models and Specs

Video Guy

While I was educating myself about Klipsch speakers, mostly Heritage Series, model numbers, components and specs I created an Excel spreadsheet for quick reference. It isn't complete by any means but you may find it helpful. Attached is a Zip file that contains both an Excel version and an Adobe Acrobat version for those that are Excel challenged. There are hyperlinks in both files that will take you to the Klipsch website page for each model listed.

I may decide to update it with other models and more specs later, comments are welcome, I hope others find it useful.

Klipsch Models and Specs 1.zip

Are you using a Mac or a PC, should open fine on a PC. The Excel is 2003, if you are running an older version I could down rev the file for you. The pdf opens fine with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 on my PC. If you are having trouble with the Zip file I could email them to you. Let me know if I can help.

PC, Office 2000 Pro. Just did upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0 Adobe.... no cigar! Zip file seemed OK, but might be my McAfee. Sometimes e-mail attach. come through empty. Files?

Are you using a Mac or a PC, should open fine on a PC. The Excel is 2003, if you are running an older version I could down rev the file for you. The pdf opens fine with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 on my PC. If you are having trouble with the Zip file I could email them to you. Let me know if I can help.

*Sent you an e-mail!

Thanks for assist!

Billybob,

I got your email and sent you the original 2 files unzipped, also sent an Excel file saved for Excel 5.0 and Win 95. Let me know if these work for you.

For sure all three made it with links intact! Thanks again! [Y]

Not as savvy with excel, but can see a need for a quick reference as my Chorus 1's are all that am familiar with listening to. Plan on getting Heritage Klipsch at some point soon. Reference will help in acquiring/decisions.

Good Job!

Great info- Thanks for sharing.

Question-

I have a bad K-23 (32 Hz) woofer on a Forte I. Klipsch tech folks said a K-24 would work without any mods. However, after looking at your chart, I see the freq resp isn't as low for the K-24 (63 Hz). Would a K-25 (32 Hz) from a Forte II work? The freq response is closer to that of the original K-23, from your chart.

Thanks,

Mark

Well, after more reading on this forum, it looks like the K-25 is no longer available either.

One of the real beauties of the Forte is it's low freqs...no sub required. Does anyone know how much of that rumbling I will lose from Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" if I put in a K-24? And will I need to replace both woofers?

Or should I think about reconing? And if I recone, will that basically give me back the qualities of my original speaker?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I don't have any specs on each of the drivers used in the Forte, someone else on the forum may have that info. I also don't have any experience with the Forte. As far as a replacement driver goes, one of the forum members may have one or you might watch Ebay, I believe I've seen Forte drivers from time to time.

• 9 years later...