F-3 vs. RF82/62/52/35

Kynergy

Synergy series is the entry level of Klipsch, and some people else where even say Synergy speakers are junk compared with Reference speakers. I have the F-3. Its price is almost higher than or at the same range for reference speakers such as RF-82, RF-62, RF-52 and RF-35. Anybody have owned both F-3 and these reference speakers please post some true personal expereince. I am not comparing F-3 with high end reference like RF-83/63. Thanks.

The new Klipsch F-3 are good speakers. Yes they use different componets that the Reference, but the Quailty in the New Synergy products is top Notch.

Getting Klipsch into the B/B's helps Klipsch expand there Market to people who otherwise would Not know about Klipsch! relax and know you have a good Product. Just my 2 Cents.

Bested Jay? Common now. The RF35s have a much more refined sound than the F3s regardless of its entry into the market. I beleive it was a Klipsch tech who said that the F 3's were more of the spiritual succesor of the RF 3's and 3II's using their old parts such as cabinets?

That being said, having demoed the 35's, and 82 side by side, its a toss up. 35's have the some of classic Klipsch punch in the upper end, where the 82's do not, but have a stronger midrange presence over the 35's.

Kynergy, if you have the ability to get either the 35's or 82's, do it, they are both great products. The synergy products are not garbage, but they serve thier intended audience well. Step up into the referrence lineup for that added lair of audio refinement and enjoy.

the F3s ARE an updated RF-3/RF-3II...well thought of...they may sound better than RF-35s...I didn't care for the RF-35s when I started looking for Home Theater speakers...well, not care for might be a bit strong...I didn't find them better than the F3s that were brand new at the time...but then I discovered that I really preferred the Heritage sound more anyway so YMMV.

Bill

Guest srobak

Still have to say... buy from this guy... you will not be sorry:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/SoundDistributors-com-800-691-6914_rf-35_W0QQfciZ1QQfclZ4QQfsnZSoundDistributorsQ2ecomQ20800Q2d691Q2d6914QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ6163611QQsatitleZrfQ2d35QQsofpZ0

RF-35's = $700
RC-62 (free upgrade due to a bad RC-35) = $280
RS-42's (free upgrade due to out of stock RS-35's) = $350
Synergy Series Sub12 (BB on sale prior to Xmas 2006) = $380
--------------------------------
Grand total $1710

Note:
Sound Distributors is where I got all of the Reference series at...
they were very good to me. They also sell a COMPLETE RF-35 series
package including mains, center, surrounds and sub for $2k.

I hear bad reviews of the F-3's as well. I demod them (F-3) in the store and found them to be better than anything else that was on the shelf at the time.(compared to JBL, Bose, Sony, KLH, bleh) But there was something missing. There was no backbone to the sound. The bass was lacking and that good ole Klipsch "KICK" was completely gone! However, they DID have the F-3's plugged into the cheapest receiver money can buy which COULD be why some people don't give them very good reviews.

In my opinion, I consider Synergy to be a "VALUE LINE" speaker, it would make sense that in the VALUE LINE store, the speakers are placed in an untested "jury-rigged" listening area and plugged into a VALUE LINE receiver which is also hooked up to a VALUE LINE CD/DVD player... Also, I've NEVER heard a Synergy speaker plugged into anything but a low end Pioneer or Sony.

I think that may be why I opted for the Reference speakers, they were plugged into higher-end equipment and they sounded completely different. But I'm not going to buy both and put them in my listening room so I can hear the difference. I don't have that kind of money. lol

I feel that the F-3's would probably have sounded WONDERFUL plugged into my Integra. But I got a deal on the Reference setup and I'm very happy with it.

I did not even have a chance to audition the F-3 because BB did not put it on shelf and that's the only local place that has it. BTW, it's still a good deal to get them at half price on black friday. The drawback is once you have it it would postone your time to get better ones. I think my receiver is really an old low end one and I had it for nearly 4 years already. I only have the fronts now and playing with other Onkyo speakers. It still sounds impressive when I played Return of the King on DTS 6.1. The key is: I have not demoed in the same way with references.

Receiver:
Onkyo HT-R520: handle 6.1 speakers
Power output:
All channels: 130 W (8Ω, 20 Hz–20 kHz, FTC)
Dynamic power: 2 x 260 W (3 Ω, front)
2 x 200 W (4Ω, front)
2 x 95 W (8Ω, front)

I have F-3s, including the sub-12 and surrounds.. paired with a Pioneer 1015 and I am very pleased with it. Extremely pleased with it. yes, they are made in China, yes you can get them in any color as long as it's black, and no you can't buy them anyplace else except BB.

They are the consumer version of the Reference line for us "unwashed masses". Ditto the Pioneer which is a slightly down graded Elite.

I've got all this in a 26 by 13 foot cathedral ceilinged room and sound is excellent. All the good stuff about Klipsch efficiency still is there and it all works extremely well.

I'm a happy camper. Shame on me.

I agree with Steve_L, I also own the F-3 with sub-12 and surrounds and am a very happy camper. These speakers get extreamly loud without distorting. I personally (my wife as well) liked them better than the RF-52 and 62´s. I could not demo them against the 82´s so can´s say anything there. The 63´s and 83´s are different beasts alltogether so you cannot throw them in the same boat.

I would probably update them with the RF-83´s but I first need to save the 1,200€ a piece (and that could take years).

shame on me as well

Ran

PS: is your avatar an Alexandria X2?

Not only that chump change, to match it with other components to form a complete set it needs to be doubled, trippled or multiplied by x and you have to put them in a large decent room.

F-3 set will serve my needs for a couple of years. Reasonable (or reachable) upgrade will be the Klipsch® Palladium™ P-39F. I haven't found its spec and any reviews but it seems to be one step forward than the reference.

http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/press-releases/details/klipsch-palladium-floorstander-a-symbol-of-supreme-luxury.aspx

Not only that chump change, to match it with other components to form a complete set it needs to be doubled, trippled or multiplied by x and you have to put them in a large decent room.

F-3 set will serve my needs for a couple of years. Reasonable (or reachable) upgrade will be the Klipsch® Palladium™ P-39F. I haven't found its spec and any reviews but it seems to be one step forward than the reference.

http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/press-releases/details/klipsch-palladium-floorstander-a-symbol-of-supreme-luxury.aspx

Match them with Mark Levinson Reference 33 not the 33H or Halcros. Both of which cost about the same as the speakers themselves

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I haven't read this thread yet??? [*-)]

When I bought my setup, I also demo'd the 3's........ extensively. I listened for about an hour to each (F2 & F3) The 3's sounded great, by all means, but no better than the F2's IMO. More bass obviously, but that's what subs are for, so I wasn't concerned with that. I knew whichever ones I got, I was also getting the Sub 12 and wasn't getting rid of my RW10. To MY ear, the F2's sounded a little more "musical" than the F3's. Being more powerful, I'm sure the F3's would play "louder", but the F2's can handle deafining volume levels, so once again, not a concern. And the final reason I didn't go with the 3's was simply floor space. Our living room is only 17 * 14, so...............

Now, it's no secret that the better your amps, components, etc the better your speakers and overall system are going to sound. When I bought my speakers, I knew that down the road, I was going to get an external amp and eventually a true pre/pro. Now, that I have my amp, and I've said this before, I'm almost willing to bet that I have the best sounding synergy system on the forum.

I'm in no way trying to say that the F3's are bad speakers or anything like that. I'm simply sayiing to MY ear, the F2's were overall better performers. As far as comparing them with Reference series, I don't know what to say. I've never heard any of the previously mentioned Ref speakers...... I do know this though. I'm TOTALLY happy with my speakers. I don't see a speaker upgrade in my future for a LONG time; probably until I buy a house and have a dedicated HT room. A LONG TIME away! But when I do upgrade, I'm going to need the sound difference to be massive. So it'll either be a Heritage setup, or RF83's, etc............