Crown Imperial: Put this in your OPPO and smoke it...

Mallette

As for me, "Give me immortality, or give me death!"

Crown Imperial will be delivered Monday (if anybody remembers what this thread was about) and a report will follow. If there are those who didn't see the threads a year or so back about Pomp and Pipes, that is also an excellent disk to determine if your woofers or amps are woofing or wussing.

Dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck: I'm takin' the fifth on that. Maybe all of it...[<:o)]

Alrighty, it's days off time for Dave. Started a rig crew at dark thirty doing Aerial Work Platform and Extend Boom Rough Terrain Forklift practical evaluations and I am done...

It's home to the wife and K'horns for the next 5.

Dave

That sounds good, Mr. oldbuckster Sir. I'll have one just like yours, but no more. We will need our wits and strength to pry that fifth out of Dave's hands. He's scrawny buy plenty mean when you try to take away his bottle. And believe me, we will definately want to get that away from him about the time it becomes a tenth.

That sounds good, Mr. oldbuckster Sir. I'll have one just like yours, but no more. We will need our wits and strength to pry that fifth out of Dave's hands. He's scrawny buy plenty mean when you try to take away his bottle. And believe me, we will definately want to get that away from him about the time it becomes a tenth.

Drink to thee only, with thine fox.....

It's here. I am just now drying up from the tears.

My wife, the PAW, joined me and just after the first track started punched up the opening of "How the Earth was Made" suggesting the images might work with what we were hearing.

Track 1 is the Strauss "Music for the Festive Procession of the Knights of Saint John." That's all I've heard. It's awesome, technically and musically. The images of volcanos, flyovers of canyons and mountains, and of earth from space seemed to have been made for this. I told the PAW what she was seeing was my brain on music.

I will not go into a big review here. Just a major recommendation. This is digital every bit (as it were) equal to the best vinyl. It's a woofer work out.

More later, if I survive.

Dave

OB, you do know that bozos on this bus comes from firesign theater right? If not go get some of their lp's and listen to some amazing comedy (oh yeah no vinyl allowed) so maybe see if there are not cd's released of them. Late at night with the lights out or very dim (lowest noise floor possible) is the best way to listen.

Had to delay my listening for some family issues.

Meantime, a Firesign chat...

I have Firesign on LaserDisc (!), DVD, CD, VHS, and about 20 albums (some dupes...I buy them for BU's and spec). My favorite way to listen is the LP's through a Hafler DyanQuad. All the phase mismatch from all the mixing they did puts stuff all over the place...behind, above, everywhere. It's awesome. I first heard them (Bozos) in SEA during the Viet war. With the help of suger water/opium cured Thai stick I lived that album in virtual reality. What a trip...

While I have to do without the pharmacoligical processing these days, I still love to descend into the world of Morse Science High, Nick Danger, George Leroy Tirebiter, et al.

Oldtimer: You should get together with Lonelobo (Ron) sometime. He's an old UNT vet and now lives in west Flower Mound off 1171. I think you guys are a match...

Dave

Olditmer:

Maybe once Ron gets his stereo up I'll bring a selection and a DynaQuad for a Firesign Feste at his place. He's working on a turntable, his Model 11's, and Lord knows what. He has a pair of Marantz Model 5's I'm not sure he's ever put the juice to.

Maybe you can encourage him.

He also needs to finish his kitchen.

Dave

You can have your sweet drinks

Sweet Drink ? Yeah, 5 or 6 of them ...... SWEET indeed !!! What would you recommend? I'm really not a drinker, but every now and then, with the right people ............ Bottom's Up !!!!!!! .......... When do the Dancers start, ooops, don't do that anymore, either !!!!!!!!!!