Frazier Elevens

Lonelobo

"Jack Frazier did not indulge in smoke and mirrors and his work stands on its own. "

I'll buy that it is 101dB/2.83V out of the corner, and that is it. Putting it in the corner will add 6dB at certain frequencies and we will see a 107dB peak at one of them.

PWK would have flashed his yellow button at Jack Frazier for his claim of 16hz and 107dB in that size box.

Here is a stack of four dual 12" very large PA speakers with a 25hz taper rate on the horn. They're made of well braced 18mm Baltic Birch and are very, very expensive:

Posted Image

For comparison purposes, here is a Klipschorn:

Posted Image

And here is the Jubilee:

Posted Image

Apples and oranges.

PWK had Frazier Super Midgets with handles on them he used to demonstrate the corner bass effect. He was amazed at the quality of sound from a single driver in a shoe box (as am I...I have four of them).

This is pure opinion, but, I believed it to be informed opinion. It is my firm belief that PWK designed the Heresy after hearing the Frazier Mk IV. Until then, he was of the opinion you just couldn't get accurate sound from a small box without more violation of the six cardinal rules than he was willing to make. Personally, I prefer the sound of the Mark IV, though slightly.

Dave
-30-

About the 16hz; when I first got them home I just had tv sound playing threw them at low volume; my daughter was sleeping in the other room and it was in the predawn am; I live upstairs from a bar; I heard the beer truck pull up like many times before; I look out no truck. look to the tv I see a truck: I did not have copy of spec sheet at that time; when I did get specs I did not dought.

Regards, Kai

First of all, yes PWK and Jack Frazier were friends. Second of all, I was with Jack from the early 70's till his death in 1983, as his sales manger. and I remember the day that we finished the "Elevens". The specs are correct, ie 1 watt, 1 meter, pink noise, with the speakers corner loaded, since the ports were exhaused to the rear. As for him passing away pre-maturely, he was 85 when he passed. He worked every day till he died of a heart attack on his way to DFW airport to pick up our rep. from Hawaii. We were a closed company, with all the stock owned from within. Jack had no children, so after his death, his wife said sell, and that's pretty much when it all fell apart.

Welcome aboard Todd! I was surprised and delighted to see you found all of us here. We thought we were pretty well hidden. For those who don't know Todd, he has been the "missing link" we Frazierheads have turned to for the last few years when needing advice, specs, info and encouragement. Todd got in touch with me when I started bidding on my Model Elevens. He has been generous to a fault when assaulted with all my pesky questions.

Todd, you will find several Frazier fanatics here, including myself/Dave Mallette/ PM /and newbie Kai. They all know about you and I believe you have exchanged emails with all of them at some point in the past except Dave, who is the worst of the lot I'm afraid. He's been kickin and screamin about Fraziers ever since I've known him and that's a long long long time.

In some way, I feel like we have some momentum going here. PM, you still interested in trying to create a web presence for Frazier. You did, after all, beat me out of all that Frazier literature! Where do we start? Who do we know with a free or ultra cheap hosting option? I will volunteer to do some design or maintenance work or research.

I happen to have a spare domain. Suggestions for a .net, .com, or whatever?

I've just migrated my sites to UNIX, so free bbs and such will run there if someone has the time to mess with it. I am not volunteering anything more at the moment than the above as I am overloaded already.

Dave

Dang...as usual, forgot the "Welcomes," etc. In this case very welcome indeed. I have a LOT of questions, but did manage to refrain for the moment. Like Ron said, I've closets full of Fraziers and two systems that are all Frazier. The also serve as rears for my Klipschorn's and Cornwalls.

Dave

BTW, in case their are Klipscheads reading this who don't know the whole story...

Frazier is NOT a competitor, but history. If there is sufficient interest we'll take this off-site as an interest group. It is not surprising that Klipscheads would be interested in Frasier given the nature of the relationship between PWK and Jack and the overlap of their philosophies.

Dave