Is this a good turntable?

dkalsi

From a user's standpoint, it's overpriced at $150.00. From a collector's standpoint, $150 is reasoanble given he has original boxes and manuals and it appears to be in fine shape. They're good turntables, but not great. If you play a lot of 78 speeds, it's nice to have. Snarled mess of gears and gadgets underneath. If something stops working, it's not all that easy to figure out.

I collect vintage turntables and I would pay $150 for it. If you don't buy it, I might have Thebes go run this one down for me.

I collect vintage turntables and I would pay $150 for it. If you don't buy it, I might have Thebes go run this one down for me.

Ok, but not untilyou help me out in this thread:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/100082.aspx

Martin,

Man, if you would have titled that thread something like "Ariston Audio turntable", I might have jumped in. Sorry, but reading stuff about the twins just makes me jealous so I steer clear.

That wobbly platter doesn't sound good and pine for an armboard, you could probably do better. I'll go back to your Suspense thread now that I know what it's about.

Is this Craiglisted Elac near you?