Pioneer SX-1980 Receiver

hdavidspikes

My wife hates the fact that I still look for "miracles" as I pass by dumpsters and yard sales...but today was a classic...

One of my neighbors passed aways several days ago, and the family cleared out all possessions earlier this week, placing everything unwanted at streetside for garbage pickup on Friday. On the way to work yesterday I spotted a Pioneer box among the furniture and clutter, opened it up, and found a mint condition Pioneer SX-1980 Receiver!

This baby is a classic, high-horsepower,kick-*** amp from the 1970's, and I'm hoping to get my La Scala hooked up to it later this weekend (got "chores" to do first, of course, before the Super Bowl game tomorrow....)

Apparently, these units still sell for upwards to $1,000 on eBay, so I consider this find one of the best...The Recycle Gods must be looking down upon me!

But being the cheap bastard that I am, I'm looking for a free version of the owner's or service manuals. Anybody got any leads on where I could download a copy? I've already been online searching, but can only find manuals for sale.

Would appreciate any tips, pointers, information, anyone may have about this particular stereo receiver....and any words of encouragement for my hopeless "scrounger" mental condition (I was a garbage collector one summer when in college back in the 60's, and that's when my mind was damaged when I basically lived off what others threw away for 4 months!). HELP!

Congrats on the find. I remember that receiver. 270wpc and huge rascal.

Don't know of a better (or cheaper) place than ebay to obtain the manual. To check out possibilities for a freebie, I'd suggest to browse audiokarma. They may have some members who might have a pdf for free.

270 watts per channel ..... Cheap junk 70's solid state crap ... Pioneer receivers are junk ... Tell you what, only for a forum member, would I do this, I will send you the money for shipping, then send that awful piece of 70's junk to me, I will make sure it is properly disposed of ... FREE OF CHARGE ... it is hazardous to your ears .... Lucky you're a forum member, I wouldn't do this for just anyone !!!!! ............................. Lucky Man, enjoy !!!! ... [;)]