Belle Klipsch- Heritage line discussion

IndyKlipschFan

Ok, I have been saving some cash for the future home theatre "dream room"..LOL. Buying a few pieces here and there.

A few months ago their seemed to always be a few Belle Klipsch speakers on Ebay every month in pairs and singles. Now none, for the last two??? I only need one. It will probably go behind a scrim (cloth like material like at the movie theatre)..... If it is in light Oak, a home run, but not necessary.

My thought is this. If all the remaining heritage line suddenly dries up, These things will go through the roof price wise. My Klipschorns, Cornwalls, and Heresy's will be worth a lot. But also very hard to replace in parts and match in sound quality if I do continue this route in the future for purchases in the Klipsch Heritage lineup for my home theatre.

While I admire the new ref line. Is my new reality this: Love the Heritage line for the music. For the Home Theatre, it might be better to go with the new REF-7 line up. (Copper cones and all)?

Indy,

If i were you i would hold out for the Belle. Eventually one will come up for auction on ebay. Like me you probably have a substancial amount invested in your heritage line up. I am currently using 2 klipschorns as front mains, Belle for center and Heresy's for the rear. Talk about theater quality. just recieved the last item on my parts list to construct a pair of klipschorns to replace the heresy's i'm using as rears. Can't wait. Stick to the heritage.

for what it's worth

IKF,

I've been coresponding with a guy from Maine who has a pair of light oak / black grille belles for sale. In fact, it was just today I saw pics -- He thought they might match my cornerhorns, but no such luck. Mine are oak/oil; make that a medium oak. His appeared much lighter than mine in the pics he sent me. But they might work for you. Downside -- he insists on selling the pair together.

Like you, I'm looking for one belle to anchor my k-horns into tha SACD age. I've been looking since April, 2001. Getting real frustrated. His speakers are listed at www.audiogon.com If his pics aren't on the site, email him or myself for them if you're interested.

Good luck, and hey, if you come accross a nice oak/oil belle with black grilles, let me know.

------------------

JDMcCall

This message has been edited by James D McCall on 01-12-2002 at 01:58 AM

Textf>For what it's worth, I also think the wise move would be to hold out for the Belle. The Reference line is excellent, as are all Klipsch speakers, but if you're spending that much money, then get what you want. You'll be glad a long, long time.

Since it would probably go behind a scrim anyway, it may not matter that much to you what the finish actually turns out to be. Just hook up with someone else on this site who needs one Belle and coordinate your bidding on eBay. It shouldn't be a problem for the seller to ship them to two different places. If you really want one finish over another, you'll probably be able to find someone else who wants the other Belle in the same finish.

Another reason I think the Heritage line is a better choice (read "risk") is the disturbing trend that I see on the Home Audio "Classics" portion of this site. Consider the number of speaker types/lines Paul Klipsch made and then discontinued before he sold the company in the mid- to late '80's, and compare that to the number introduced and discontinued since then. Considering its track record since the late 80's of fairly constant turnover of new lines, and since Klipsch tells us that the Heritage line will be reintroduced soon, the Heritage line may actually be built long after the Reference series is gone. I'm not predicting that; I'm just saying it's possible. Getting parts for speakers still in production is always easier than getting them for discontinued models, which is most of your point, I think. Taking the long view tells me that buying something from the Heritage line, even though not in production right now, may actually be less risky, from a parts standpoint anyway, than buying a model currently produced.

Good luck in finding your Belle.

I could use a single Belle to go with my Oak Clear Belle's. I am in Vermont and Maine is not to far away for me. What is he asking for the pair? Mine have Cane grills but I don't care that his are black. It all depends if the price is right. Then I would sell my KV-4. Lemme Know.

------------------

Living Room

Sony KP-43T70 43" Television

Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (LF/ALF/RF/ARF) (Belle's - Oak Clear/Cane) & LWE-I's w/Motion Feedback (Mahogany)

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (RR/ARR/LR/ALR) (Heresy II's (Walnut/Cane) & Infinity SM82 (Walnut)

DBX MPA-150 Mono Split Spectrum Amplifier © (KV-4 - Black)

Klipsch KSW-15 Powered Subwoofer (2)

Nakamichi DVD-10 DVD/LCD/CD Player

Nakamichi MB-10 Music Bank CD Changer

Technics SL-DL5 DD Linear Tracking Turntable

JVC HR-S7500U SVHS Video Cassette Recorder

RCA DRD-303RA Satellite Receiver

VC3 Deluxe Video Clarifier

DBX 400XG Program Route Selector

DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Electronic Crossover

DBX 3BX-DS 3-Band Dynamic Range Controller (2) 1-L, 1-R

DBX 14/10 14-Band Computerized Equalizer/RTA Analyzer/SPL Meter

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner

Sega Dreamcast w/3 Controllers & VMU's/S-Video Output

Bedroom

Yamaha RX-900U Receiver

Panasonic DVD-A120U DVD/CD Player

Sony SLV-740HF Hi-Fi VCR

BBE Audio Recovery System

DBX 2015G 15 Band/Channel Equalizer

A/D/S L300E Mini Speakers (Eggshell)

GE 20" Television

I went and saw the ad at Audiogon, $1900 is too much unless they are absolutely immaculate without a single smudge, mark, or dust which I doubt. I would not pay more than say $500-$600 for a single unit. I got my pair for $1100. I have come across a single La Scala for $300 but getting a hold of the guy is a major challenge. I went and looked at the speaker once, and should have taken it right there and then but didn't have a truck or van, now I can't get a hold of him. Oh well! I just have to stick with my KV-4 for now.

------------------

Living Room

Sony KP-43T70 43" Television

Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (LF/ALF/RF/ARF) (Belle's - Oak Clear/Cane) & LWE-I's w/Motion Feedback (Mahogany)

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (RR/ARR/LR/ALR) (Heresy II's (Walnut/Cane) & Infinity SM82 (Walnut)

DBX MPA-150 Mono Split Spectrum Amplifier © (KV-4 - Black)

Klipsch KSW-15 Powered Subwoofer (2)

Nakamichi DVD-10 DVD/LCD/CD Player

Nakamichi MB-10 Music Bank CD Changer

Technics SL-DL5 DD Linear Tracking Turntable

JVC HR-S7500U SVHS Video Cassette Recorder

RCA DRD-303RA Satellite Receiver

VC3 Deluxe Video Clarifier

DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Electronic Crossover

DBX 3BX-DS 3-Band Dynamic Range Controller (2) 1-L, 1-R

DBX 14/10 14-Band Computerized Equalizer/RTA Analyzer/SPL Meter

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner