Which amp would you get?

tech73x

Since I have the RF series and it shows 125watts max RMS, will it be safe to push 200 to them? I know Klipsch's can handle alot of power, just making sure. Thanks again

No, it wouldn't be safe to push 200 watts to 125-watt rated speakers. However, as you turn up the volume, it's likely you'd never get near 200 watts before the sound would be deafening. If you've ever seen an amp with power meters, you'll know that typical listening volume only uses a few watts, or even fractions of watts, most of the time, especially with Klipsch speakers. The extra power is for the transient sounds, like drumbeats and handclaps, that momentarily call for much more power, even at a continuous setting of a watt or so.

In my setup, I have 2 500Wpc amps, one driving a pair of 100-watt rated La Scalas and the other driving a pair of 100-watt rated Heresy IIs. Typical listening levels probably don't use more than 1 watt. 2 or 3 watts is really loud. That extra headroom means the amp will likely never ever get into clipping, it's running in its very-low-distortion range and the musical transients sound more realistic than they would with a less powerful amp.

To be honest, though, a 200 or 300Wpc amp might sound almost exactly the same. I just happen to really like the sound of the Yamaha MX-D1s.