Congratulations Ryan Newman

nu2toobs

There's no need to complain.

Its all around. Just get off your posterior and go.

I never said anything about small track racing, that is racing. The factory worker, the farmer, the local mechanic, that's racing. NASCAR is not racing per se, I've been to Watkins Glen, Louden, New Hampshire, I know the difference. The cheapest NASCAR ticket around here is $100. and up, why do you think they have dropped smaller tracks, seating capacity that is, because 120,000 fans in the stands is better than 75,000 fans. It's a business, not a sport ......... I don't go to NFL games, because, I don't want to ..... every couple of years, I'll go to Boston for a Red Sox game, I bet I spent 15 years going to Girls Softball, and my sons Little League, Pony league, Babe Ruth League games, so I've have done that. I hate big crowds, am not comfortable in big crowds, but don't tell me to get off my posterior and go, I'm way ahead of you on that one.

There are already plans to go International, Japan is where they really want to hit, some of the Newest, and biggest seating capacities in the world at their tracks. It's all in the timing, do you really believe Toyota came aboard because they are the Number 2 car builder in the world? Like it, or don't like it, there are some shrewed businessmen running NASCAR now, and it's just a matter of time before, NASCAR Pay for Views ... sad but true !!!!

Give me the NHRA , or Modified Tractor Pulls, or Outlaw sprint cars anyday over NASCAR !!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I distinctly remember a few rights...of course then there was that small issue of a 'wall'...

But... were those actually "rights", or were those "straights" that were supposed to be "lefts"? :)

Please provide a lobe chart to support your findings... :D hehehe

Gee, Buck. So if it's not amatuer, its just greed and not a sport. And lots of regular people working to make a living as well.

OK.

But folks have CHOOSEN to watch the pros - in whatever venue.

No one forces them to go. They go BY CHOICE. And they DO have choices. LOTS of them.

And NHRA (I like it too...), but tell me they don't do it for the money...unless they are already independently wealthy! It's no less a business than NASCAR.

Doesn't bother me.

It just doesn't attract as many people per event and as such it has not grown as large.

Success is not automatically bad. But then we like to aspire to success, but then its so much fun to tear down the dastardly folks who manage to achieve it.

Next you will be telling us that all of those decals on the cars aren't just for decoration. [;)]

It could be worse. It could be like pro tennis or golf where the guy who stands to make millions for a day or three of playing a game has his composure ruffled if anyone so much as coughs.[*-)]

Careful, you're starting to sound like the bedroom slipper that barks with your 'conspiracy' notions run by the rich oppressors of the little people....[:P][;)]

No one forces them to go. They go BY CHOICE. And they DO have choices. LOTS of them.

Yeah, like which $400. Jacket of their favorite driver do they want to buy? I never said it was a conspiracy, but doesn't it strike you funny that there are no non-white owners or teams ? It's the Old Boys Club, plain and simple, and their favorite color is Green. I know alot of people who make a living, but I don't know anyone who makes a living by racing in NASCAR. While we're at it, the multi car teams, don't you think that's alittle unfair, the one car team can't compete with them, so again, the Big Money operations over shadow the little guy. Play Big, or don't play.... oh there I go again, sounding like a bed slipper that barks my conspiracy notions ............. Oh yeah, Congrats to Ryan Newman ....snicker , snicker .............

You don't like it, don't watch it.

I Do What I Want When I Want To Do It !!!!!! ......... Racing needs to be seen live ..... it's not the race, it's the smell of racing fuel, burnt rubber, the hair on your neck standing up when they approach the green flag, 700+ horsepower, the girls in short-shorts, and halter tops, the beer being spilt on you, the dunk red neck yelling in your ear, that's a NASCAR afternoon ........... Television misses that, don't fret, give them 3 or 4 more years, and it will be on Pay for View .... then tell me about NASCAR ....... What's up Arf ????????

Yeah, like which $400. Jacket of their favorite driver do they want to buy? [...] doesn't it strike you funny that there are no non-white owners or teams ? It's the Old Boys Club, plain and simple

I do spend $400 on jackets - but they also have the potential to save my life with their integrated armor and such. Thankfully I have never had to test that potential... http://www.cyclestuffusa.com/ProductImages/joerocket/KawGrnFjack.jpg

That being said - YES Nascar is a Good Ol Boys club. That's where it's roots are - and it is going to take a looooooong time for that to get changed. Even today - you don't see "minor league" tracks in South Central LA, The Bronx, South Chicago/Gary or other areas of the country where there is a remote concentration of minorities. The Chicago Speedway... is an hour+ away from Chicago, in the middle of cornfields, owned and operated by white men for the last 200 years. It will be another 25 to 50 years before the color lines are sufficiently blurred in the world of American Auto Racing where you will see a good mix, and even then the roots will always be there.

doesn't it strike you funny that there are no non-white owners or teams ?

Looks like we both stand corrected - I actually remember hearing about this now... but I don't know what he is doing this season:

http://www.targetmarketnews.com/storyid03130601.htm

And while not an owner... Juan Pablo Montoya has been entering the fray - and if he continues in his careers - could possibly end up owning or running the first hispanic team...

http://www.marketingymedios.com/marketingymedios/noticias/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003623892

The Bronx,

The deal to put a Race Track in New York City has of now fallen through, but they still have plans of putting one in ....... A lot of Money to be made in the NYC area ........... Chicago does have a track .............. NASCAR is all about MONEY, come to terms with it, that is not racing the way it began on the beaches of Daytona .... You guys need to see the forest from the trees ..... and your comment about a remote concentration of minorities just proves my point about The Good Old Boys ...if I remember correctly the South lost that war .....

The Chicago Speedway... is an hour+ away from Chicago, in the middle of cornfields, owned and operated by white men for the last 200 years

But they will take minority money at the gates won't they ............... unbelievable !!!!!!!!

First of ll, the tracks are located in the rural areas outside major metropolitan areas for reasons that real estate is cheaper! Not to mention the logistics of moving so many people in and out.

And stock car racing and Nascar had its origins in the south with the bootleggers who ran hot cars.

And the South has definitely won this war, as NASCAR is second only to the NFL in revenue generated.

And all of the references to minorities, etc., along with the stereotypical cliches are complete and utter bull dookie. And they not only get a bit old after the first time being used, but they are becoming a bit insulting.

And the comment that they will take the money of minorities (or anyone else!) who FREELY DESIRES to attend...really? So no one forces them to go? So what would the asinine comment be if they refused to take it?

This rant is as become as stupid as the rocker scientist blaming the seller for bidders freely bidding up the price on EBay!

Sorry, but this notion that anything that costs money is corrupt is nonsense.

And the notion that because Nascar is organized as a business that it is corrupt is equally so.

Buck, that rant is taking on the distinct aroma of that is normally represented by another tired old left POV. You are capable of better.

Funny you should mention NY city and NASCAR. I was listening to FSR (Fox Sport Radio) which I do frequently trying to get to sleep after work, and one caller said he subscribes to XM radio because the local NY stations don't talk or know "squadooche" about NASCAR. Even JT the Brick said those sports talk radio hosts should travel south to get a real taste of what stock car racing is all about.

I thought that rather entertaining since NY City is supposed to be so sports diverse.