Original BlueBerry!

neo33

The one advertised in the Garage Sale section is the extrem version. I am looking for the original. I assume that Mark has discontinued this model since I don't see it on his website. If anyone have it and is selling, please let me know. Thanks.

Curious why you are interested the original versus the new extreme. I am sure original is the cats meow but my new BBX extreme with the super tube is amazing. I had not heard an original BB but I did own the 1st ( literally) Peach and my new BBX extreme is the new cats meow. I have not used the remote and indeed I really didnt care if it had one. What Mark has done to incorporate the super tube is crazy. The sound is clear and concise without being dry if that makes any sense.

Josh

But then again, I still get guys asking me if I have a Paragon 12A to sell.

I have another 12A on the way for repair. Always an advanture after all those year in service. This one is being sent in by the original owner and been in use since day one.. The phono section is acting up on him.

Craig

I have another 12A on the way for repair. Always an advanture after all those year in service. This one is being sent in by the original owner and been in use since day one.. The phono section is acting up on him.

Craig

Too bad mdeneen wasn't the one to get to take a look at it!

Craig

Too bad mdeneen wasn't the one to get to take a look at it!

Trust me while the first one was fun like most things for the first time. But the 12A is a real PITA to work on compared to say a BBX. and the BBX is in an entirely different universe sonically.... I think Mark would agree he gets the better end of this stick....

In my opinion of the paragon line the cute little System E preamp entirely designed by Mark was the jewel both design wise and Sonics.. I'd love to get my hands on one of those for my collection.

Craig

Yeah. Well the reason it was separate was so that I could have that really "slim" main unit. I mean, if you are going to have a reissue, do it up all original like - - right? Of course, today I would put the guts on a PCB. I bet I could do it for like $795 or so for MM only.

Yea well I guess for a nastagic standpoint. But we all know the Sound is not in the form factor, The circuit is the real guts of what I would like to see....