Blue Jeans Cable Co.

Joe Shmoe

• 1 month later...

Tough decision: Just ordered some Blue Jeans Belden 5000UE speaker wire this morning. Blue Jeans looked to be better quality then the monoprice when comparing Banana plugs. The wire is Belden certified (not sure what that means) and also not made in China like the Monoprice I was told. Its all just wire in the end!

I tried them out based on Coytee's suggestion for a pair of right-angle XLR cables and was able to get them with the right angle plugs with each connection at the clock hand position to line up with intended position when connected. Great custom work IMO for fair price.

I too used Blue Jeans when I needed a set of (7) XLR cables in a specific length to connect my pre/pro and 2 amplifiers. In hindsight, I wish I'd also used them for my pre/pro to projector cabling for I'm sure they would've been cheaper than the stuff I bought from my audio dealer.

Tom

Tough decision: Just ordered some Blue Jeans Belden 5000UE speaker wire this morning. Blue Jeans looked to be better quality then the monoprice when comparing Banana plugs. The wire is Belden certified (not sure what that means) and also not made in China like the Monoprice I was told. Its all just wire in the end!

Belden/Commscope, take your pick, good QC and typically commercial grade, usually reflected in the price.Certified, depending upon wire chosen can be swept tested for frequency that cable is rated for(coaxial). DC wire checked for continuity per run.

After installing my new Mac gear I had some unexpected hum. It seems that several of my Audioquest Copperhead interconnect grounds had been lifted. I am sick of these things.

So I ordered some Bluejean cables on Saturday. They were delivered today. Not bad if I say so myself. BTW - I didn't notice any differences in sound with these cables. Except maybe that the hum was gone. Also using there RF islolater for cable tv hum. It eliminates that hum with no problem but some of my higher digital cable channels are a little noisy. Could be the weather.

Bottomline.......Thumbs up to Bluejean cables.

Also I have found an excellent quality banana plug for speaker wires that is very reasonably priced. These are beautiful quality, I just replaced all of the ends of my speaker cables with these the quality was much better than I expected. They provide a quality tight connection and look beautiful, I was worried at first that the quality wouldn't be good but it was excellent.

http://www.speakerrepair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BR28&Category_Code=safe_connect

Note this link is for a 28 pack, they offer a lot of other quantity packages as well. While these are not exactly cheap they are very inexpensive compared to similar banana plugs.