Shopping HDTV

colterphoto1

I have to agree about the Harmony 880. It replaced 8 remotes for me. My wife was actually the one that pressed me into getting it. She couldn't stand having to find the right remote and hated the clutter. Me, I was perfectly content to pick 3 remotes to watch a DVD or 3 others to watch something else. She never reads these forums so I can safely say that she was right. The 880 will let you pick a task (watch HDDVD for example) and switch sources in the receiver, power the HDDVD player on, power off whatever you were using, etc, etc with the push of 1 button. I love it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got the Plasma up on top of the KLF-C7 yesterday so it's at a better height. I also moved the stacked KW120's from infront of the hearth (just left of screen/center) to behind the right LS, aimed in towards the room. No more THX 'breeze' but it's very effective having a sub system that you can hear but cannot see.

• Moderators

We got the Plasma up on top of the KLF-C7 yesterday so it's at a better height. I also moved the stacked KW120's from infront of the hearth (just left of screen/center) to behind the right LS, aimed in towards the room. No more THX 'breeze' but it's very effective having a sub system that you can hear but cannot see.

I laugh every time I think of when DrWho and I were at Michael's watching a DVD and a breeze went past me and blew a napkin off the arm of the chair I was setting in. I looked up at the ceiling air vent then looked at DrWho and he was laughing, it was the THX subs. I had never heard/felt air move that much from a sub 6' to 8' away, it was a touch loud and shaky ! [:|]

What have I been watching? Mostly movies, haven't put a concert on yet. Plan on getting Led Zep's remake of SRTS soon.

Bourne Identity on HD (one of the free HD disks that came with the player)

After switching the Yamaha AVR to upconvert to 720P from all sources:

Robots (cheesy animation I bought cheap from Hollywood rental store going out of business)

9/11 Oliver Stone- grisly movie to watch, but I could still see shadow detail in the 'rubble' scenes in the afternoon with curtains open

3rd Rock from Sun episode (from cheap movie store- about $3.99 each)

Austin Powers - started watching Goldmember last night

I know your "kid less.." but Cars, Transformers (A must on HD- never will be on blue ray) Any good movie with animation or added computer generated stuff is great! It also proved my point that you can get a 1080p machine and run it at 1080p or 720p and the imagine is just insanely clear! .

For the record, I also use the Harmony all in one remote and I LOVE it downstairs. I almost just bought it for you, and said here... USE THIS!!! (you can pay me back with $$ later and thanks you's as well) It really is that good. Get the one with Macros and RF as well. I can show you.

I think everyone who comes over will be impressed Michael, the set up, it is just fantastic! And you already know that already! With he second sub out of the way, it dissapears some, and the whole wall just explodes at you which feels more natural. Your La Scala's are extremely nice and that center dialed in just works oh so good! When you get to this level, it is way past showing off.... What your really doing is sharing it with people, and going OMG isn't this great!!!!!! And they share in your enthusiasm too!

Now for the hardest thing for you to do personality wise... JUST ENJOY IT>>> hehehehe

Seriously.. It is awesome!! Life is good!