First time Klipsch home theater buyer, need advice.

nezff

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Thx Colter. [;)] He is considering using in ceiling speakers since he does not have a back wall. The room goes back a lot further than where he was standing when he took the photo. I suggested for him to consider using either the RS or an RB series speaker on the side walls for surrounds. I think in general, this would yield a better surround effect than in ceiling speakers. I figured it would be more fun and visual for him to be able to see what I was suggesting, even though it was just a rough edit.

• Moderators

15 years ago when I first got into Home Audio, Sherwood was junk. I believe it is the same company since it has the same logo as they had back then. I'm not familiar with them today but do know that I have not heard anyone here in the forum even mention their brand.

Just for the record Sherwood is very different from Sherwood Newcastel....

I was thinking he could get R-5650-S (in walls) but mount them in the ceiling...http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/r-5650-s.aspx

• Moderators

Just for the record Sherwood is very different from Sherwood Newcastel....

Might be very different but aren't they made by the same company? If so, it wouldn't give me much confidence in their higher end receivers.

ok now im in between the RF 82s and he RF 62s. about 170 dollar difference overall. does it matter that ill be running the RC 62 and 10d with either of these? thanks

I would go with the RF-82's. Here is the complete list of the RF-82 setup, http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-82-home-theater-system.aspx. You are good on your speaker selection.

James

• Moderators

Either system would be a great system. As I mentioned in the PM, try to go to your dealer and A/B both of them side by side. If they are not hooked up in the same room, call the dealer ahead of time and tell him what you want to do and see if he can set them both up so that you can compare the two speakers. Let your ears be the judge. If you hear the $170 difference, then I would go with the 82's. If you don't then stick with the 62's. If you want to spend the extra $170 on something, you can always upgrade your sub. Lots of options and I know it can be hair pulling at times. Do your homework, listen to them as much as you can and finally make a wise decision based on the knowledge and experience you have received from it. Let us know what you decide.

Michael

• Moderators

Good god man let them out of those boxes they need to breathe...

That's what I'm saying! Crack those boxes open. In all fairness, I got mine home around 4pm but did not open them until around 9pm when the kids were in bed. Bad thing about that was I could not test them out because of them being asleep.

When you get them setup, be sure to post pics. I want to see how my Photoshop job compares to the real deal. [:D]

i got them this morning, but i am awaiting my onkyo to come in, which will be here tomorrow. I finally opened them up tonight to check everything out. I had prior engagements earlier so thats why I couldnt open the boxes and just stare at them in awww. lol

today was a great day, I found out im having a boy, and I got a klipsch home theater setup, what more could you ask for. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

today was a great day, I found out im having a boy, and I got a klipsch home theater setup, what more could you ask for. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoohoo! Doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations! You can pass on the Klipsch passion to him one day so that the legagy continues on. [:P]

I have 4 kids of my own (9yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 5 yr old girl and 2 yr old girl). Kids are a blessing from God. No more for us though.

Did you get cherry finish or black?