OT: Edit PDF form

Coytee

I have a PDF form that is a client questionaire.

Our people who made it did NOT allow for certain parts of it to be editable (or maybe I should say, to allow input of information, like "name")

I'm hoping that someone will email me who has PDF editing software, will take a look at this and send it back as a Word file. When you have horrendous penmanship like I do, you don't really want to be writing in some of these forms. They could have easily made this document have fields where data could be entered instead of forcing us to print it blank & do everything by hand.

Anyone able to edit a PDF willing to look at this for me?

my email is punk @ bellsouth.net

I have a PDF form that is a client questionaire.

Our people who made it did NOT allow for certain parts of it to be editable (or maybe I should say, to allow input of information, like "name")

I'm hoping that someone will email me who has PDF editing software, will take a look at this and send it back as a Word file. When you have horrendous penmanship like I do, you don't really want to be writing in some of these forms. They could have easily made this document have fields where data could be entered instead of forcing us to print it blank & do everything by hand.

Anyone able to edit a PDF willing to look at this for me?

my email is punk @ bellsouth.net

Coytee, I think I can do that. Send it to me.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@mac.com

PDF files have very limited editing ability even when using the full on Professional version of Adobe, and going from PDF to MS Word cannot be done with Adobe. You can go the other way from MS Word to PDF but not vice versa. I have Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional at work and do alot of work with PDF files. If I can help somehow let me know.

going from PDF to MS Word cannot be done with Adobe

That stinks. Does that infer that it can't be done at all, or just with Adobe?

Not sure that's true. I have Acrobat Professional and all I have to do is open a PDF file and then "Save As" and I can convert it to many file types, including Microsoft Word.

Coytee - Feel free to email it to me and I'll take a quick shot at it.

A Mac running 10.5 can edit the PDF without any additional software. It can also copy the PDF doucument over to MS Word. However, with the PDF from Coytee, when I copied it over to MS Word it lost formating and it lost perspective of the text and images that are in the PDF. If it had been all text, I think it would have copied perfectly. Coytee should just find a newer Mac running 10.5. He can just open the PDF and make any changes he wants then save it as a PDF again with all the changes.

Bob Crites

I can edit pdf files too, and export to Word, but you had it under control. [:^)] Word doesn't do anything different on a Mac than it does on a Windows pc.

I would be happy to work on it for Richard if he would send it to me. How many pages is it?

Bruce

going from PDF to MS Word cannot be done with Adobe

That stinks.  Does that infer that it can't be done at all, or just with Adobe?

adobe pro can convert pdf to word easy. send me a copy if that's what you need.

He sent a copy of the pdf to me, and I have sent a copy back making the first page have fields you can enter the data in, then print out. The rest of the form is a lot of little check boxes... which would be a real pain in Word.

Richard hasn't responded to my fixes yet. [;)]