Palladium

bmilbrandt

• Moderators

Hello!

The P-39F (big floorstander) is already in production, and should be popping up at a few dealers soon. The rest of the line is scheduled to launch late spring, barring any delays.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!!

Okay Amy let's coordinate on this one.

The cabinets are absolutely stunning. However in manufacturing there are occasionally going to be some units that are blemished.

Two questions: 1) are the drivers and crossovers left in the cabinet when they are tossed out? and 2) which dumpster are they tossed in?

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Moderators

Tom,

You bring up an interesting point. The reject rate on these cabinets is bound to be higher than normal because of the difficult manufacturing process (curved wood), the need for closely matching veneer patterns for the pairs, the "acreage" of solid veneer on these monsters, and scrutiny that accompanies higher dollar items.

That said, the answer to # 1 is "NO," and # 2 is "Beats me, but let me know when you find out."

[:)]

• Moderators

What will be the retails on the "smaller" towers, side surrounds, and sub?

And, do you anticipate this line to "outperform" the Ultra II system?

We're looking at 10k and 7k for the floors, 3500/pr on the surrounds, 3000-3500k/pr on the bookshelves, 3500 on the sub, and 3500 on the center (none of these are final and subject to change!).

What do you mean by "outperform?" On paper or by listening? I haven't done much listening on the Ultra II personally, but I'll see if I can get an answer for you.

Thanks!

• Moderators

We're looking at 10k and 7k for the floors, 3500/pr on the surrounds, 3000-3500k/pr on the bookshelves, 3500 on the sub, and 3500 on the center (none of these are final and subject to change!).

Now that's primo speakers there. Roughly $27,500 for a 7.1 system, $30,000 for a 7.2 setup. Any chance of doing a drawing in the forums for some of these? [:D]

By outperform, I mean simply, will they sound better? I know that's very subjective, but give it a shot! Will the bass of the new sub slam like the Ultra II subs? Will the overall system be as dynamic? Will they sound "better" with music?

Any feedback is appreciated!

• Moderators

By outperform, I mean simply, will they sound better? I know that's very subjective, but give it a shot! Will the bass of the new sub slam like the Ultra II subs? Will the overall system be as dynamic? Will they sound "better" with music?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Subjectively, then, yes, yes, and yes.

[:)]

How many center channel speakers will be in the Palladium line? Will there be one to match each size tower?

And, what is a realistic date these speakers will be available "on the street"?

Finally, where will the Palladium line be produced/manufactured?

There is just one center speaker in the Palladium line. One Sub, one Surround.

When people ask me where something is made, I ask them "why do you ask?" Most reasons for concern are non-factors when it comes to product quality. Politics is another matter but I don't engage in political discussion.