Klipsch Heresy HIP Speaker info please!

franzeee

Greetings all!

I have decided to let these speakers go after 16 years of flawless service. Not a ton of usage for much of that time. I have not been able to find out much about these specific speakers, so I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out with info and an approximate value. They work perfectly, sound great, I just need to downsize significantly.

The serial numbers are: 4785 & 4785. You can see a pic here: http://www.rapturerocks.com/images/klipsch1.jpg

Thank you in advance for any info!

Welcome to the Forum!! Heresy Industrial. Very good shape. Best source for info on the commercial stuff would be colterphoto1 on the Forum unless someone else has a pair in similar condition. I would suspect they would be worth at least $300-$400, but I cannot be sure. The HIP's probably have a low "wife acceptance factor" (WAF).

Yep Groom is about right .... $300-$400 depending on location... I picked up these KP201's a while back for $350 ... same basic components. HIP's have the port which extends the max db ... at the cost of a bit less freq. coverage on the bottom end.

The internal components are basically the same as a Heresy II .... which sell in the $300 zone .... you get to add a bit for the black coating and aluminum trim.

Nice speakers ... bullet proof for sure. Colter will be along shortly .... he can sense it when someone brings up a bit of Pro gear.

EDIT: Yours may be a bit older .... and have K77/K55 combo ...

Posted Image

I would be interested in purchasing them as I have been looking for a pair that have been cared for over the years, do you have any photos you can share. Are you willing to get them shipped or at least drop them off at a UPS Store packing facility if something can be worked out?

Thank you all for the info!

I might be willing to ship them, but they are between 60-70lbs each (maybe more). So shipping would be a lot. I was hoping to get in the neighborhood of $500 for the pair - that's what I listed them for yesterday on Craigslist locally.

Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday:

klipsch.jpg

klipsch-in.jpg

These have 2 horns and a 12" speaker. The speaker seems more heavy duty than the interiors i have seen in others. I have not seen a pair that look like mine.

Thanks again!

Looks like a K55 mid ... so that means a k77 tweet ... the woofer has a nice cast frame too..... They are probably worth $500 .... but you may have to really wait for the right person to come along that is willing to pay it.

If you want a fast sale .. maybe a bit less ..... start a thread in the Garage Sale section and see what happens .... lots of collectors here ..... never know.

You need to find some one that into "Industrials" .... HIP's are a PA design .... they give up a bit of sound quality .... for maximum output .... while yours have some beefier components .... it is a common topic that they do not sound as sweet as a standard Heresy's or KP201's ....

Those look better than mine (but they were a drummer's headphone/monitors for a decade). I don't think I've ever seen a pair with the K55M drivers so those might be replacments. The K42 woofer is bone stock and a killer! Look at that magnet structure, nearly the same diameter as the basket. The black glass enclosures and aluminum trim makes these more valuable (and collectible) than most other industrial Heresy speakers. Kennedy is spot on about the high output and more rolloff on the low end. But these babies SCREAM!

Mine had aftermarket pole sockets installed (careful to avoid the woofer if you do this mod) but they are HEAVY, so not for the faint of heart. I don't have the specs here at work, but the KP250 weighs in at 49 pounds, I'd bet these are around 60-65 each.

I'll post the network schematic when I find it. It is considerably different than others of the era, of note is the zener diode protection of the tweeter and steeper slopes than a standard Heresy network. These were definitely designed for pro use. In the history department, there was also a HI (Heresy Industrial) with no port, and the HSM (Heresy Slant Monitor).

Charles has been waiting a long time for these to come around. In my book he's the man for them. I have $300 for mine, they work but are rough. You can judge accordingly with these.

I would be interested in purchasing them as I have been looking for a pair that have been cared for over the years, do you have any photos you can share. Are you willing to get them shipped or at least drop them off at a UPS Store packing facility if something can be worked out?

I'd freight em. Despite their ruggedness, by the time you add packaging, they'll be overweight for most handling. Best to strap em to a skid and truck them I'd say.

Thanks again for all the info! I concur with the shipping statement; freight would be the best way to do it. I am kind of sad to see them go, I have used them with many of my bands over the years and they have served me flawlessly. I'll have to drop by periodically here, sounds like you all know your stuff :-) I'm a major noob when it comes to audio - except for guitar oriented stuff!

• 2 months later...