trying to find a fair market value for a nice set of Cornwall I's from the 1960's

cornwall I

For a fair amount you should give a little more information, pictures, close ups of any marks and serial numbers. Price can also range because of your location, more of a pick up item. I have two pair that I paid $550 for, one I had drove to OH to pick up and the other I will drive down to TN.

James

Ok, Welcome to the forum ...... I have what are called 1.5 Cornwalls .... $600. to $700 is a ball park price for Cornwalls, probably need crossovers at that age !!!!!! Good Luck ................... pictures always good ..... location matters, really, too big to ship !!!!!!!!!

from the picture you posted it looks like you have a set of cornwalls that could be called Cornwall 11's or as we call them vetical cornwalls. these were made up to and including 1974. the grills are not removable and they were made to lay on their sides if you wanted to. they could have a set of arrows on the back of the speaker to indicate which end is up when you place them in the horizontal or vertical postion. the mid and hi horns are offset to the left and right in a vertical postion in the cabinet as are the woofers. i used to own 3 sets of verticals ( 71 - 72 - 74 ) and sold all of them here on the forum. used the money to buy 4 cornwall 3's.

or yea, welcome to the forum cornwall 1. for a poor girl you sure do have a nice set of speakers. as far as getting educated about klipsch speakers you are on the right site.

First of all don't you dare sell 'em. You'll never be able to replace them. If you think they are too big, just picture having two washing machines in the living room - the Cornwalls are far more attractive.

Second, where are you in CA? If you're in the SF Bay area there may be a local gathering in the next several weeks. Keep your ears on.

James

You know what.... you might be right about them being 2's...I just thought since they were from way way back, that they would be the 1's. But I don't know. And yes, the grilles don't come off you have to access things from the back.

These wonderful speakers are not going anywhere. I have been "storing" them for my neighbor who can't fit them in his house for 3 years. He is now moving away and wants to get fair $ for them. He paid 800.00 for them 20 years ago. On the back it just says Cornwall and it does have the arrows up or sideways. The serial numbers are 3L030 and 3L031 Type is C.W. R.15. And another thing I was wrong about, they are the Mahogany finish, not the Walnut. What can I say, he brought them out of his storage 3 years ago, and I almost fainted because they reminded me of the speakers I grew up listening to. My folks were hippies and had great taste in music, and they loved it loud! I love them too. I won't give them up. I told my neighbor I was holding them hostage. ;-)

Thanks to everyone's support and info.

Michelle

Michelle welcome to the family.

Those speakers that you have look great. The L in the serial number means that are from 1973. Budman is correct that they are vertical Corns, I purchase one set off of him. I also just purchased a second set of vertical Corns. What are you using to bring these babies alive? I believe that the CWR mean CornWall Raw, I could be wrong and others with chime in. Keep them hostage as long as you can... [:D]

James

Well, if you've been storing them for 3 years now... isn't posession 90% of ownership? It's kind of like he abandoned them.

I think your neighbor should be happy if you're willing to give him anything for them.

Those look beautiful and you should keep them. OK, I know he's moving, but why are you doing all the work? Remind him that if you'd not stored them for him he'd probably have sold them ridiculously cheap anyway.

Now if your storage was more borrowing, then maybe you shouldn't feel too bad paying a reasonable amount.

Enjoy your Cornwalls. I agree that you should keep them.

hey Michelle, the C-W-R 15 stands for Cornwall - Walnut - Raw. and the 15 is the size of the woofer. from the picture they don't look like Mahogany. and the letter W would indicate that they are walnut. they came from the factory in walnut raw meaning unfinished veneer.someone oiled them to get the finish that is on them now. they don't have the risers on the bottom either which in my opinion gives them a much better appearance. i had 14 corwalls in the house at one time and i am now down to 6