Would this work....?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy that owns the van has it sold to an inlaw, he took off the handicaped license plates to put on his new van tomorrow. Driving around in someone elses van with no plates isn't exactly comforting, but the trailer should hid the back of the van, and he made me out a bill of sale stating that I bought the van but he had to keep the plates since they are handicapped issues. The trailer is a rental from a neighboring business, got it cheap, including appliance dolly and shipping blankets. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

The guy that owns the van has it sold to an inlaw, he took off the handicaped license plates to put on his new van tomorrow. Driving around in someone elses van with no plates isn't exactly comforting, but the trailer should hid the back of the van, and he made me out a bill of sale stating that I bought the van but he had to keep the plates since they are handicapped issues. The trailer is a rental from a neighboring business, got it cheap, including appliance dolly and shipping blankets. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

It's going to be a great day for you tomorrow. Oh, I remember my road trip for my 1st pair of Khorns. Good deal on some really, really nice Khorns. Have fun and good luck.

....to pick up some 1968 Klipschorns? Hopefully the snow stops soon, 100 mile drive in the morning. Looks like I'll get a chance to write my own road trip story.

Hopefully the story won't be titled, "How my Klipschorns cost me a little more than expected because of no plates on the rig." Be careful and I hope you have a safe and trouble free journey.

Tom

• Moderators

Congratulations, that was smart to rent the trailer and blankets, they will make your trip alot easier and relaxing, not worrying about the speakers being damaged.

No problems with 100 miles, but it will seem like forever till you get home.

If it's not a big deal, print off a few stacks like that for me, please !

We got 2-3 inches of snow here overnight. 10 inches 125 miles south of me yesterday. Still snowing , still pitch black outside and 19 degrees. Look like a perfect day for new speakers.

Going to pull the front license plate frame off so it's not glaring at Mr Occifer. Dug up a set of 4 10' ratchet straps I bought a while ago and never used. Have a couple CD's to go, screwdrivers and pliers, fresh pot of coffee. Hopefully I'm back home safe and sound by 2:00.

If I could just print off a few more stacks of 'hunnies, I'd still be sleeping and there'd be a big truck on it's way here from Hope, Arkansas.

In his best Dennis Miller voice and a swipe of his arm...

I...am.....outtahere..............

And aren't we off to an wonderful start this morning? With the trailer hooked onto the van, the front wheel drive, and the fresh snow on my already muddy driveway, I can't get up the hill to get out of my place unless I unhook the trailer. I tried making a path without the trailer, still no go, found the ETC fuse to pull to disable the traction control so I could let the tires spin a little to try and get a little more speed before hitting the hill, no go, not looking too promising at the moment. Right now I think I'm stuck waiting for my neighbor to get home to ask him to use his 4WD to get the trailer up the hill, then hook back up after it's up.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

post-13504-13819366726948_thumb.jpg

Mission aborted. [:'(]

I got about 10 miles in this thick, wet slop and had already needed to pull out of a slide twice. The kind of slush that is like axle grease, doesn't let you steer or stop. I decided that with a borrowed van, that has been sold to someone else already but not delivered, no license plates, more snow expected/falling and top speeds of 35-40 mph, it just wasn't worth the risk. I want to have my speaks today. I need to make sure that the speakers, the van, and myself all are in one piece at the end of the day. Took me 2 hours to get 40 miles to take back the trailer and get back home. I've been waiting for these for years, another week won't kill me. Next Saturday's another day.

The bobcat is my neighbors, got the trailer up the hill and across the road to the county garages, I hooked back up over there.