New "Freebies" for your pleasure (I hope) Pt 2

Mallette

Sinfonietta, Opus 188 by Joachim Raff (1822-1882)

Dallas Camerata Winds, James Rives-Jones

Little known German composer, but a very pleasant piece.

Technical: Two Ocktava ML-52 Ribbon Microphones>VT preamp>Card Deluxe>HDD.

The acoustics here were not too bad, but the location had a lot of traffic and there was a flourescent buzz from lights I could not turn off because the muscians had to use them to see. After this, they acquaire lamps for the stands... Maestro Rives-Jones has a habit of humming along and jumping up and down. Soooo.... The mike plan was to get way high over the Maestro with the front lobes looking down equidistant from each instrument from an angle to minimize or eliminate the flourescent noise. This place the back lobe up in the balcony to get what of the good spacial sound that existed while minimizing the traffic noise from outside.

Dave

Downloaded, burned and now playing on the big system. That's a great ensemble. The music is pleasant enough. It could be a Mendelssohn wind piece. It could, but it's not, but what is?

Again, the sound is amazing, so realistic and 'present'. The extraneous sounds don't detract, at least not to me. They just let me know I'm part of a live permance, with emphasis on 'part of'.

Sorry, I was unclear, Dave. I was simply making comparisons in order to 'place' Raff's music in the musical lexicon. I'll use this opportunity to offer one more well-deserved Bravo.

Thank you, kind sir. Given the tolerance of my long-suffering wife (the PAW-Perfect Audiophile Wife) to my profitless addiction she has also been quite touched.

Thanks from both of us, and to all who have commented.

Regards,

Dave